Neo

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets | July 21, 2017 | FLOP OF THE YEAR

6 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

I have read all 5 rotten reviews and that thr one stands out. It's like besson killed his family member or something.

Maybe Besson isn't American enough to his liking :jeb!:

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Still, I'm a bit worried about this movie's BO, we know what happens when @Telemachos likes something :sparta:

Tele didn't need to like it for it to have dubious box office prospects. At least this movie has its fans and won't completely endure a fate similar to Jupiter Ascending, which seemed to miss the boat as even a cult classic and was swiftly forgotten.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, redfirebird2008 said:

That review blurb from McCarthy at THR is pretty brutal. Guess we'll see how some of the other big names in the industry react. 

I have been saying for the past week or two that this will get slaughtered by big critics/trades and many hardcore star wars fans. I can guarantee you that the THR review will be the most highlighted one by everyone in the industry. Just wait and watch. 

Look at the huge disparity between All Critics and Top critics on RT.

All critics: 72% with a 6.1 average score

Top Critics: 40% with a 3.6 average score

I knew my 45% RT prediction would be too high but didn't know it could end up being extremely high. :jeb!:

6 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Thanks to Trank.

Since that he has been shit. And so has Landis. And Trank also tranked after that. MBJ survived though.

MBJ survived because he's a bone fide great actor and charisma who didn't just luck out with one role that was perfect for him (that's DeHaan in Cronicle, playing himself, no doubt). he cna play anything. deHaan is limited to playing creeps cause he looks creepy. Whose idea was to make him a hero? 

• Like 2

Yeah so...this will end up with Xmen apocalypse like RT rating. Metacritic already has it a 43. That's bad. Sorry folks, but just visuals, cgi and 3d don't make a movie. Avatar had a worldwide appealing story and drama. This has none of it if the positive reviews are any indication. 

I knew casting these two leads was a bad decision.

Dane Dehaan looks like someone who has masturbated too much. Why does he look so tired all the time? 

Cara sis an attractive girl, but hasn't clicked yet. 

6.2 and dropping on RT...sigh. Big critics are slaughtering it.

You all thought I was just saying nonsense, but once again I have been proven right. Trades, big critics and star wars nerds are predictable. You need a well packaged movie to get a good score. This is not that. 

I am so sad right now. I wanted this to hit atleast 75% and get that fresh status on RT and a 60 on MT to watch this. Now I am not too sure. I might just watch Apes 3 that weekend. 

So basically SMH and Apes 3 will be it for July.