Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

35 OD on a Tuesday is great for TASM. I wonder what the number would have been had it opened on Friday, 55+?

I like that question.

So much possibilities/hypothesis...

All the 50M OW openers of june would have been, in a way, put in shame.

Don't know if this is the right place for non Spider-Man Tuesday discussion or not, but studio estimates for Tuesday are in for Ted and Magic Mike.Ted: $8.40 m (-4%)Magic Mike: $5.45 m (+9%)Because of the holiday, many/most of the numbers the studios report today will be estimates instead of exact actuals.

Edited by JarJarBinks

Hmm..28m Wednesday 19m Thursday 24m Friday25m Saturday20m Sunday 69m 3-day, 151m 6-day. Good for Spider-Man. I don't care but I'll give it credit where credit is due. 300m could fall.

• Like 1

Now, any studio caprice could be enlightned/okayed by this present situation.Creative differences?Ego tensions?Budgets problems?Losing rights fears?Quick/easy screeplays demand?Let's R E B O O T the thing.

Thankfully not every studio has $430 million just lying around to do this with every project.

160m 6-day would get it to 300m. 150m probably could too. There's not a lot of mass appeal movies later in the summer so it should rebound after the TDKR slaughter.

If females enjoy TASM enough, it could serve as counter-programming when TDKR opens. TASM will also benefit from TDKR sellouts on the weekend of July 20th. I think it's going to do just fine. My $320m prediction looks very realistic.

Word of mouth would have to be awful for it open to $160M+ and not break $300M. That isn't the case judging by CinemaScore.

CinemaScore is a really useless metric unless it's an A+ or an F

If females enjoy TASM enough, it could serve as counter-programming when TDKR opens. TASM will also benefit from TDKR sellouts on the weekend of July 20th. I think it's going to do just fine. My $320m prediction looks very realistic.

That rarely happens, a la something else benefits from the box office juggernaut selling out.

TASM aftermath on these forums has been epic! Some of the biggest crow servings of the year are being dished out, currently eating one right now.

• Like 5

lol. I know today is, just wondering if there's another one tomorrow. (I know now there isn't.)

No but a majority of people will be off from work the rest of the week

from other thread

ERC:

Exhibitor Relations

Sony's THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN had the best Tuesday debut ever, tingling audiences w/ $35M.

Also Its the lowest OD for any TASM movie as well

Spider-Man 1 OD : 39 Million on a Friday

Spider-Man 2 OD 41 Million on a Wednesday

Spider-Man 3 OD 59 Million on a Friday

Previous Tuesday BO record holder was Transformers with 27 Million but you need to remember if you include midnights its 36 Million because Transformers was got 8.1 Million on Monday