CJohn

Minions | 7.10.2015 | Crosses 1 BILLION Worldwide. Beats Toy Story 3 on the all-time chart.

https://twitter.com/colliderfrosty/status/448533588502675456"Get ready for custom 3D glasses for TF4, TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES, MINIONS, and SPONGEBOB 2.

Get ready for custom 3D glasses for TF4, TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES, MINIONS, and SPONGEBOB 2.

A photo posted by Steve Weintraub (@colliderfrosty) on

"
  • Like 3

http://www.hitfix.com/awards-campaign/universal-shows-first-fast-and-furious-7-footage-with-paul-walker-and-minions

A lot of animation was already completed for this summer 2015 release. The movie focuses on our three favorite "Despicable Me" minions: Kevin, Stuart and Bob. The preview presents a quick origin story for the trio; it turns out they have been around since the dawn of time hoping to help villains of all shapes and sizes throughout history. One hilarious bit finds a group of Minions trying to surprise Dracula on his birthday and opening the window to yell, "Surprise!" The light from the window turns their "boss" into dust. In fact, the Minions appear to be doing a horrible job as villain assistants throughout time. This spurs Kevin, Stuart and Bob to go on an ocean-bound quest where they eventually end up in what appears to be 1960s New York City. And, yes, hijinks ensue. It's worth noting that while Gru (Steve Carell) is supposed to be in the film and there is also an adversary played by Sandra Bullock, neither were even hinted at in the preview.

This is going to be big. Big. #1 2015 animation big. People didnt go to DM2 for Gru, they went for the Minions. This is essentially DM3: Lite. And the Minions have only gotten bigger. I say $300M for now, good audience retention from DM2.

• Like 3

I'm really excited for this, Despicable Me 2 was good but nothing special, but I loved Despicable Me.  If they can get some of the heart into it that was in the first one but missing in the second as well keep that Minion humor this will be great.

I'm not going to predict over Despicable Me 2 yet, but this is unlike any other spin-off given that the spin-off characters are what pulled in the audience to the actual film.  People will embrace this more than your Puss in Boots The Bourne Legacy, or Planes.

Edited by The Panda
  • Like 1

Over 368M?

It's easily possible, 

1.There are less animations than 2013 to compete with, only Inside Out (and more space from it than DM2 had from MU)

2.Ant Man and Goosebumps are its only real competition until Hotel Transylvania 2

3.The Minions are what makes Despicable Me popular, in this case being a spin-off doesn't necessarily mean dramatically lower.

4.Minions keep rising in popularity, this will be huge with families.