CJohn

Minions | 7.10.2015 | Crosses 1 BILLION Worldwide. Beats Toy Story 3 on the all-time chart.

Expectedly solid trailer, but I just don't know how they're going to execute this. Feels like they're trying to cover a scope that's beyond the grasp of a 90 minute kids film, and I can imagine the minions' antics easily wearing thin when they're at front and center the entire time.

Edited by tribefan695

Expectedly solid trailer, but I just don't know how they're going to execute this. Feels like they're trying to cover a scope that's beyond the grasp of a 90 minute kids film, and I can imagine the minions' antics easily wearing thin when they're at front and center the entire time.

I'm sure they will introduce the other characters once they get to NY to keep things interesting.

• Like 2

guess it's good time for a spin-off, riding on the success of DM2. however, without the main human characters/ family theme, and sidekicks taking center stage, not sure its overall boxoffice appeals.

the teaser is ok, but what happen after they arrive at New York should be the meat of this movie. need to know more. 

I foresee 90/250 for this. Hopefully there is room for both this and "Inside Out" to succeed.

It's almost the same situation as with DM2 and MU. MU opened 13 days before DM2 and Inside Out opens 20 days before Minions. When DM opened the late legs for MU were gone. It started falling really ugly after that.

Still, it was Pixar's Monsters University in first place once again over another busy Summer weekend. The animated prequel dipped 45 percent to $45.6 million for a 10-day total of $170.4 million. That's a slightly better hold than Toy Story 3 (46 percent) or Brave (49 percent), and was way better than Cars 2 (60 percent). If it doesn't get completely obliterated by Despicable Me 2 this week, Monsters University should ultimately be able to get close to $300 million. 

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3697&p=.htm

Inside Out has a bit more time to get money, which is good since it's not a known brand like MU. But it will likely won't have good late legs that are a pretty big deal for animations.

250M is the absolute floor for Minions. I see it making more in the 300M area. As for Inside Out, it should max out at around 220M, which is very good for it.

• Like 3