Gopher

Movies you convinced yourself you liked more than you did

Spider Man 3 I thought when it was over it was cool and a great film but in back of my mind I was disappointed then I saw it second time in Imax and was like it was good but the best in the series but still disappointed. Saw it on DVD and was like wow that sucked hard.

Public Enemies. The cast, the director, it was too much talent for it be mediocre right? After the movie ended, I felt completely called but went on to say, eh it was pretty decent. Not really.Phantom Menace is a pretty good one. I was fairly young back then, so the critical eye has yet to fully develop and you're just excited at the prospect of seeing Star Wars again. By the time home video came around, it was pretty much skip to the lightsaber fight and call it a day.

Star Wars Ep II: Attack of the Clones - the movie was bad and for me the worst of the SW prequels. However, as a Star Wars fan, when I first saw it in theaters I convinced myself that it was great, and that the action scenes were cool. After further viewings I came to realize that no, AOTC was just bad.

Public Enemies. The cast, the director, it was too much talent for it be mediocre right? After the movie ended, I felt completely called but went on to say, eh it was pretty decent. Not really

Public Enemies might be the most mediocre film I have ever seen. Nothing about it is glaringly bad, the films just says nothing.
  • Like 1