A Marvel Fanboy

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World | Feb 22, 2019 | 12th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

2 hours ago, BK007 said:

Anyway, I'm just glad that Dean DeBlois got make his trilogy and not have to dumb it down. 

Out of likes but agreed definitely one of the strongest animated franchises to date, if not the strongest.

• Like 1

Dreamworks seems to have set this universe aside as their one venture into earnest relationship-driven storytelling. It's pretty far removed from the tones of the rest of their work. 

Wonder if DeBlois will be staying with them once he's done with this. Seems like any future ambitions he might have would be better served by a different studio.

• Like 2

Trailer really lagging far behind the views for the other 3 animated trailers this week. Yeah, not seeing anymore than 150 in a best case scenario for this. Given how 2 performed, the schedule, and how long the gap is, it could end up as low as the 115–130 range.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

The fate of Dreamworks Animation has been tragic.

They barely make those "epic" movies anymore, Dragon 3 being the current exception and hopefully Croods 2 will look great.

Tragic my butt. Yeah it sucked what happened to Dragon 2, but for the most part they brought their downfall on themselves with consistent mediocre or outright garbage releases for years. Granted given that crap like Home and Boss Baby have been their biggest successes of recent years, I can see how they might be confused what audiences want from them.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Trailer really lagging far behind the views for the other 3 animated trailers this week. Yeah, not seeing anymore than 150 in a best case scenario for this. Given how 2 performed, the schedule, and how long the gap is, it could end up as low as the 115–130 range.

KFP3 numbers are probably the best case scenario, and this won't get a China boost like that did.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

That's false...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

That is the official channel upload, It's most viewed upload is already at WiR 2's views and way ahead of The Lego Movie 2, you may be taking this into consideration but I'm just making sure, also, in Australia, that upload is number 1 on trending, only the Spider-verse trailer also got to number 1 on trending, the other 2 didn't (or didn't for very long).

Edited by Skwunk
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

I don't put much stock in trailer views because of the multiple places people can watch them which aren't counted, but as others pointed out below your numbers are mistaken. Where would you be getting these numbers ? As I don't think you would lie for no reason. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, BK007 said:

I don't put much stock in trailer views because of the multiple places people can watch them which aren't counted, but as others pointed out below your numbers are mistaken. Where would you be getting these numbers ? As I don't think you would lie for no reason. 

I think it is because the official upload from DreamworksTV has about a third of the views of the most viewed upload.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Skwunk said:

That is the official channel upload, It's most viewed upload is already at WiR 2's views and way ahead of The Lego Movie 2, you may be taking this into consideration but I'm just making sure, also, in Australia, that upload is number 1 on trending, only the Spider-verse trailer also got to number 1 on trending, the other 2 didn't (or didn't for very long).

Ralph and Lego Movie also got to number 1 on trending. But regardless, it's nice to see this many animated movies coming in a 4 month span that all look quite good. It's been a while since that happened.

• Like 1