A Marvel Fanboy

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World | Feb 22, 2019 | 12th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

5 minutes ago, John Marston said:

don't get why they are waiting so long for domestic release. January 11 would be a good release date and allow it to hold well the following weekend thanks to the MLK 4 day holiday. Weird decision from Universal

I think even studios themselves were worried about Poppins being a massive juggernaut. 

At least where it is it has 2 weeks to itself before Cap Marvel. But yea, with the benefit of hindsight, Jan 11 would have been a much better date. 

I think Uni made the right call in the States tbh. If it came out next week, families would have already spent so much on all the holiday offerings that interest would probably be lower. Also helps that it will have two weeks of IMAX all to itself instead of one if it opened on the 11th.

2 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

I think Uni made the right call in the States tbh. If it came out next week, families would have already spent so much on all the holiday offerings that interest would probably be lower. Also helps that it will have two weeks of IMAX all to itself instead of one if it opened on the 11th.

don't think animated movies really do well in IMAX despite many of them looking great in the format

19 hours ago, Godzilla said:

I’m really excited for this. I loved both the HTTYD films especially the first one and can’t wait to see how it’ll end. Around $500 million would be good. 

19 hours ago, filmlover said:

So excited for this. Love these movies.

19 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I’m very excited for this, most anticipated animated film of the year for me.

Excited!! 

• Like 1

https://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/215-how-to-train-your-dragon-2-june-13-2014/?do=findComment&comment=1519518

I have been looking forward to this third installment ever since someone revealed its part of its main plot years ago, 

saw it yesterday, the whole storyline is quite predictable , no big surprise, yet it gives this franchise a fitting conclusion. not bad at all.

personally I think it will be hard for studio to squeeze more juice from the story of Hiccup and Toothless to further this franchise(movie wise)