Noctis

The Matrix VS Inception

Matrix VS Inception  

58 members have voted

1. 1. The Matrix VS Inception

• The Matrix
    • Inception

Thats your loss if u feel that way

Not really. I dislike slow motion for the sake of slow motion. The Matrix started that trend and it has been run into the ground by the film industry since then. Speaking of which, Inception is an example of acceptable slow motion. It was used only to help tell the story by showing the difference between "real" time and "dream" time. It wasn't used in action sequences for the hell of it.
  • Like 4

Not really. I dislike slow motion for the sake of slow motion. The Matrix started that trend and it has been run into the ground by the film industry since then. Speaking of which, Inception is an example of acceptable slow motion. It was used only to help tell the story by showing the difference between "real" time and "dream" time. It wasn't used in action sequences for the hell of it.

This is the first time I've ever seen someone complain about the slow mo in The Matrix.A perfect example of a shitload of pointless slow motion would be something like 300.
  • Like 1

I was five when The Matrix came out, so obviously I didn't see it in theatres. In fact I didn't see it in full till this year I think, although I had seen bits of it before then. I recognise that it's a groundbreaking movie in many ways, in particular visual effects, I like that it was shot in Sydney and overall it's pretty fun.On the other hand, I was 17 when Inception came out, and even though it's not groundbreaking like The Matrix is, it feels more like "my" film, and that gives it an advantage for me in this poll.

• Like 2

I was five when The Matrix came out, so obviously I didn't see it in theatres. In fact I didn't see it in full till this year I think, although I had seen bits of it before then. I recognise that it's a groundbreaking movie in many ways, in particular visual effects, I like that it was shot in Sydney and overall it's pretty fun.On the other hand, I was 17 when Inception came out, and even though it's not groundbreaking like The Matrix is, it feels more like "my" film, and that gives it an advantage for me in this poll.

That's one of the other things that annoyed me about the sequels. They were pretty much all on sound stages whereas in The Matrix it was filmed around the CBD. I have to give it to The Matrix as well.

I was five when The Matrix came out, so obviously I didn't see it in theatres. In fact I didn't see it in full till this year I think, although I had seen bits of it before then. I recognise that it's a groundbreaking movie in many ways, in particular visual effects, I like that it was shot in Sydney and overall it's pretty fun.

On the other hand, I was 17 when Inception came out, and even though it's not groundbreaking like The Matrix is, it feels more like "my" film, and that gives it an advantage for me in this poll.

I was 16 when Inception came out. I feel exactly the same. Edited by CJohn

Although I like the Matrix (A-) my grade goes to inception although after my 6th viewing it fell from an A+ to an A. The problem with the Matrix is that I just never feel any emotional connection to the characters, the film spends a lot of time with its own philosophy and kung-fu fighting and hardly any time on actual character development. Most of the characters in the film are actually caricatures anyway.

• Like 1

Although I like the Matrix (A-) my grade goes to inception although after my 6th viewing it fell from an A+ to an A. The problem with the Matrix is that I just never feel any emotional connection to the characters, the film spends a lot of time with its own philosophy and kung-fu fighting and hardly any time on actual character development. Most of the characters in the film are actually caricatures anyway.

Yawn.
  • Like 1

I find this post laughable. Did u watch the Zuckers version of The Matrix? Cuz the one I saw is nothing like what u describe.

Matrix > Inception but both are in my top 100.I think Matrix did have a big influence on the Hollywood blockbuster but it wasn't for the better. Interestingly enough, the sequels were far more maligned yet they represent what the industry took away from the franchise- the same action with none of the dares of the original film. As for 'legacy' Inception was technically the bigger film but it's also 11 years younger. It's a movie a lot of people love but we don't know how it's held up quite yet. Though I think Nolan's approach to his films in general (between Inception and the DK trilogy) will have just as big an influence on Hollywood as Matrix did. You can already kind of see it.

Matrix > Inception but both are in my top 100.I think Matrix did have a big influence on the Hollywood blockbuster but it wasn't for the better. Interestingly enough, the sequels were far more maligned yet they represent what the industry took away from the franchise- the same action with none of the dares of the original film.As for 'legacy' Inception was technically the bigger film but it's also 11 years younger. It's a movie a lot of people love but we don't know how it's held up quite yet. Though I think Nolan's approach to his films in general (between Inception and the DK trilogy) will have just as big an influence on Hollywood as Matrix did. You can already kind of see it.

The Matrix is like the only movie ever made where its groundbreaking technical and visual wizardry is matched only by its originality and storytelling. It has also become a part of pop culture and is one of the most quotable movies ever. I do think the sequels may have tainted The Matrix for some, but it doesn't take away anything from the first if you don't let them. I like to think of the sequels as just mere fun fan fodder for people that just couldn't get enough of the first movie. Inception will probably age modestly(even though I think its a turd), but I highly doubt its gonna become an iconic classic like The Matrix. Its a relatively small and contained 007ish story whereas The Matrix is vast and topped off with its grand themes and philosophy. Inception's technical wizardry also pales in comparison and even borrows from The Matrix itself. Edited by Shpongle
  • Like 3

This one is a major toughie, but I'll take Inception by a hair. Christopher Nolan's aesthetic is a bit more pleasing to me than that of the Wachowskis, and I don't have to watch the movie with the knowledge that sequels are going to take the story in a disappointing direction afterward.That said, The Matrix is still pretty fantastic. Although its then cutting-edge appearance looks very dated thirteen years later, it still moves at a breakneck speed, probes the mind with intriguing concepts, and has some show-stopping setpieces that are at least on par with those of Inception, if not a cut above based on the techniques in use at the time. It also doesn't hurt that it was one of the first R-rated movies I was allowed to see, and established itself as one of my favorite movies when I was in middle school.

• Like 1

This is like comparing Titanic to Pearl Harbour.

The Matrix all the way. Seriously, it just owns Inception in literrally every way I can think of: concept, pace, characters, emotion, action, visual effects...

really?! :stamp:

Inception for me, way better executed.

Inception A

Matrix B+

Well, Inception easily beats The Matrix emotion-wise. The Matrix has a lot of fantastic philosophical ideas, but really no emotional content (it isn't necessary).Inception has some believably emotional bits in it (phone call to the kids, the ending)

And that's why Inception trumps Matrix so easily.