129 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Titanic

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Yes, for sure. When the one boat comes back and we see all the carnage in the water....and then when it cuts to old Rose telling Paxton and the rest the story and she says, "one boat came back. one. 8 were saved including me..." and so on, I can't hold it in there either. When Suzy Amis has that one tear that trickles down her cheek, it's....man, it's an emotional film.

Yep, very emotional. You pretty much nailed all of the major ones in your list.
  • Like 1

This movie is, for me at least, one of those that too a while to appreciate and when it finally clicked for me, it still moves me. The chemistry between DiCaprio and Winslett is perfect. The soundtrack is perfectly placed when the ship is ripping apart. The emotional visuals Cameron gave us tell us the true story of 1500 lives lost that day. I love it, top 10 for me.A++

The mother and her kid in the water, deadVasquez from ALIENS telling her kids the bedtime story just before they dieThe old man and woman on the bed together with the water rushing inRose lettin Jack go, but telling him she'll never let goThere's a boat Jack and then the music.....at this point I'm mush.Old Rose dying at the end as we see all of her pictures.I get mushy in all of these scenes, and more. And that damned soundtrack by Horner....damn you JAMES! Damn you all to hell!!

I agree with all of those.I also always feel really bad whenever Mr. Andrews is on screen.He is such a good guy and to see him give up in the dinning room and telling Rose sorry that he could not build her a stronger ship and wishing them luck is VERY SAD.Also when Captain Smith does not having a answer for the lady and baby then walking into the room is also a very sad moment. .
  • Like 1

Scene that got me the other night is when the musicians decide to stop playing and say goodbye, then when the lead musician stays to play the rest of them decide to stay too and they'll go down together.The only side character that doesn't really work for me is Fabrizio. A little too camp and stereotypical foreigner...

• Like 1

Scene that got me the other night is when the musicians decide to stop playing and say goodbye, then when the lead musician stays to play the rest of them decide to stay too and they'll go down together.

Oh yeah thats the scene I really love. My 2nd fav scene, only after the ending.

I was not prepared to go back to Titanic (cheesy I know, but true nonetheless) on the big screen. It does pack an emotional wallop and it hits you in small waves and then with the force of a typhoon. There is no other film like this.

I said I'd only see it once but it's coming to IMAX this weekend so I'll give it another go.

I saw it twice more already and with it finally coming to IMAX, it may have to be a third

i posted this in crowd reports but it fits better here:my review :wub: :wub: :wub:i thought i'd have a more adult reaction 15yrs later seeing this but that resolution lasted about 10mn, when i saw fabrizio's face and how happy he was that he and jack won their titanic ticket at the poker game, my eyes welled up and the music swelling just about opened the faucet!Seeing the titanic bustling with life,liverpool pier full of people then jack and fabrizio waving goodbye to the crowd even though they knew no one i started crying (it just all came back to me) off and on for the next three hrs!i hadnt seen this movie entirely since that one time in 1997 when i cried like a baby (the shock of jack dying) sure i have the dvd and yeah i'd see it playing on tv every other month on tv but if i watched i could never get pass that steamy hand scene, i like to pretend the film ends there!i had forgotten how beautiful and eternally youthful leonardo dicaprio was , he and kate inhabited their roles perfectly but then i'd think of the end and start crying again , tears were just rolling down my cheeks for the last 30mn when everything goes crescendo, last but not least that evil song by celine dion pfff urghhh my eyes were so red afterwards gahhhthe 3D was great, i got dizzy seeing how far the ocean seemed in scenes where they were looking down (i'm afraid of heights) and yeah i actually stuck out my hand and said noooo when she threw the diamond in the sea!there is just nothing rational about my reaction to titanic, i will not watch it again unless they re-release it again for a 30th anniversary hopefully i won't remember today :ph34r:some of you are brave to watch this more than once !this movie is hazardous to any sensible person...still i'm so happy i got to see it on the big screen again i was a young teen back then and a casualty of leomania (teen yrs -_- ) between romeo& juliet and titanic

The Specs for The BR look pretty impressive:Special Features- 2 All-new Documentaries: Reflections on Titanic & Titanic: The Final Word with James Cameron- 30 Deleted Scenes- 60 Behind-the-scenes Featurettes- Digital Copy of the film you can watch anytime, anywhere- And more!

The Specs for The BR look pretty impressive:Special Features- 2 All-new Documentaries: Reflections on Titanic & Titanic: The Final Word with James Cameron- 30 Deleted Scenes- 60 Behind-the-scenes Featurettes- Digital Copy of the film you can watch anytime, anywhere- And more!

I got the 4 disc Amazon exclusive (it comes in a cool box and some "artifacts" inside". The features are good, some to most are repeats but it is definitely worth getting :)

- 60 Behind-the-scenes Featurettes

Someone should have made Titanic:The Reality Show and Abyss:The Reality a la Hell`s Kitchen where Cameron tortures and swears off his cast and crew and they break down and almost drown and shit. That would have been the best show ever. Fuck behind-the-scenes where everyone pretends to be one big happy family and then when careers don`t take off they write scathing books about favorism on the set and shit.
  • Like 1