129 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Titanic

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

A-This is an amazing movie, I saw it at the cinema three times. It's not perfect though, I feel it's too long and a bit too melodramatic to get a higher grade from me. But the sinking and the special effects make up for that.

I don't disagree that the second half is better than the first, but I do think there are some moments in the first half that would be a crime to fast-forward through. The ship leaving dock and the 3rd class party are some of the most purely enjoyable moments in the film.

This was amazing to finally see on the big screen and I can't say enough about the movie, I think it's one of the greatest of all time. Despite the huge running time it goes by at a very quick pace without feeling rushed in the slightest. It hits every emotion and it never gets old, the movie is timeless.10/10That said, I think I am just NOT a 3D person. I felt it added nothing and by the end I was wishing my theater had had a 2D option. 3D detriments a film more than it helps it for 90% of the film. The color is dark no matter how good the 3D is. The best parts of the 3D were when the ship was sinking, and a cool shot when Rose throws the necklace in the ocean at the end, but other than that I found it to be a distraction. Like what is the point of showing people eating dinner in 3D? I don't get it. Ah well.

Edited by rockNrollaDIM

Titanic was called the movie of dreams...and it was...it really was...

Saw it again in imax.

And what can I say, this IS one of the greatest motion pictures of all time without a doubt. Camerons greatest achievement.

The beginning with the music & the ship leaving the dock in black n white was when I knew that...YES it's totally worth seeing this on the big screen (never saw it on the big screen as I was only 5 when it came out).

Everything about the movie is simply superb.

My mum loved how on the big screen we could actually appreciate the little added touches, like what food was in their plate at dinner or jewellery (in the first half). etc.

Watching the iceberg hit the ship was thrilling and almost every moment on from then sent shivers up my spine.

The ballroom glass collapsing to let water in was horrific & the band's music as the captain locks himself in & the old couple sleeps was as heart breaking as it was the first time I saw the film (that was on a 17'' TV back then).

More than anything I think the MUSIC...oh the MUUUSIC deserves praise. What a fantastic soundtrack, probably the best ever. Each piece of music perfectly suits the scene its in.

So what more is there to say about this film? Only that I'm going to see it again with Uni friends next week!

It is one of the best movies ever, maybe even the best & that it will remain for a long time.

A+++++

This is the best movie experience I've had at the cinemas ever...and far better than anything in the last soo many years.

**About the 3D -- Didn't care too much for it TBH...was spectacular in parts & ho-hum in others**

Titanic shits all over Avatar. That's another thing I was thinking during the movie. It's way more deserving of that "biggest movie of all time" title.

It SOOOOOOOOOO does doen't it.

There is no comparison between the two.

I felt that as soon as Avatar was over..."hmm this was good but come one NOWHERE NEAR Titanic"

Edited by darthdevidem01

I think the second half awe-inspiring and the first half is a chore to sit through. I fast forward an hour and a half whenever I rewatch it.

You can't fast-forward boobies!But yeah, 80% of the first half is pretty unexciting and at times cringeworthy.

I just saw this again last night and as much as I really like, it is still is sad that it is easily the best movie released this year. Nothing even comes close.

While the 3D did nothing, this movie still gets an easy A

I just saw this again last night and as much as I really like, it is still is sad that it is easily the best movie released this year. Nothing even comes close.

While the 3D did nothing, this movie still gets an easy A

Yep, I'm heading there now. Not for 3D, but just to see it again.

Yep, I'm heading there now. Not for 3D, but just to see it again.

Yeah that is why I saw it with a friend who saw it with me back then. Even saw it at the same theater which we haven't gone to in years. It was a good time. :) Still a great movie

Okay! So I didn't think I would, but I did....I BALLED AGAIN. There is just nothing like Titanic. I think seeing it on the big screen has made me put this higher on my top 25 list now. It is simply close to a perfect film for me. I love everything about it. The 3D did nothing for me either, in fact i took my glasses off for much of the film. But this is a movie that demands to be seen on the big screen. It's just a true marvel.10/10

• Like 1

Okay! So I didn't think I would, but I did....I BALLED AGAIN. There is just nothing like Titanic. I think seeing it on the big screen has made me put this higher on my top 25 list now. It is simply close to a perfect film for me. I love everything about it. The 3D did nothing for me either, in fact i took my glasses off for much of the film. But this is a movie that demands to be seen on the big screen. It's just a true marvel.10/10

Yeah my friend that I went with who watches it a lot on dvd says it was so much better to see it again on the screen. She loved it and yeah she got choked up as well. It is kind of hard not to do so. ;)
  • Like 1

The mother and her kid in the water, deadVasquez from ALIENS telling her kids the bedtime story just before they dieThe old man and woman on the bed together with the water rushing inRose lettin Jack go, but telling him she'll never let goThere's a boat Jack and then the music.....at this point I'm mush.Old Rose dying at the end as we see all of her pictures.I get mushy in all of these scenes, and more. And that damned soundtrack by Horner....damn you JAMES! Damn you all to hell!!

• Like 2

The mother and her kid in the water, deadVasquez from ALIENS telling her kids the bedtime story just before they dieThe old man and woman on the bed together with the water rushing inRose lettin Jack go, but telling him she'll never let goThere's a boat Jack and then the music.....at this point I'm mush.Old Rose dying at the end as we see all of her pictures.I get mushy in all of these scenes, and more. And that damned soundtrack by Horner....damn you JAMES! Damn you all to hell!!

Yeah I can understand all those, especially the soundtrack,The one that gets me the most is always the last scene where all the victims are there waiting for Rose to join them, and her getting back with Jack. Edited by 75live
  • Like 1

Yes, for sure. When the one boat comes back and we see all the carnage in the water....and then when it cuts to old Rose telling Paxton and the rest the story and she says, "one boat came back. one. 8 were saved including me..." and so on, I can't hold it in there either. When Suzy Amis has that one tear that trickles down her cheek, it's....man, it's an emotional film.