Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

4 hours ago, Cap said:

Considering the reports about Zaslav I believe it!!!!! 😡😡😡😡

Wait so the clickbaiters were right and he IS anti-woke after all?

Ugh, I guess I won't be getting my Dune: Messiah white savior deconstruction movie after all.

Furiousa is probably dead too but w/o Charlize, who cares.

Speaking of Charlize though, her queer Aqualad project is soo gone.

Is he gonna fuck with Barbie too? What about HBO stuff like Euphoria? 

Clusterfuck implications.

I wanted to watch it just to see how bad it is. I mean we're talking about the same WB that has such iconic bad superhero films as Batman and Robin and Catwoman. 

Like who wouldn't wanna see if Batgirl is deserving of being to the level of bad as those films? 

Edited by Cappoedameron

22 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Ugh, I guess I won't be getting my Dune: Messiah white savior deconstruction movie after all.

I mean most of the big CEOs and studio heads are center-right, and it doesn't really impact their film slate which is largely aimed center-left. I doubt he'll cancel any "woke content", since center-left media is where the money is.

• Like 2

You know I was just curious I remember the opening weekend for Batman V Superman they came out and said that it would kick off 10 films that would all lead up to a Green Lantern movie in 2020.

Safe to say those plans changed...and yet now about 8 years later they got plans for 10 years. Consider me skeptical cause you could have all these plans and your first movie flops and then what happens? The rest of the movies don't continue going on ahead because they "were not profitable" according to Zaslav.

2 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

None of these are in trouble.  Well...the Theron-produced Max series may be...anything DC-related is apparently on the chopping block... but the rest of these are all high-profile guarantees to continue.  I wouldn't panic so much.  

1 hour ago, Lion Roar said:

Who will be chosen to run DC? Why do I feel like it's going to be JJ?

It won't be -- J.J.'s already on Zaslav's radar for NOT developing projects in a timely manner -- Zas canceled J.J.'s expensive "experiment."  And notice how we haven't heard a whiff more recently about J.J.'s DC "Justice League Dark" riff?  That ain't happening, either.  I could even see GDT being invited back at some point to put that project back on the big-screen.  

1 hour ago, Cappoedameron said:

You know I was just curious I remember the opening weekend for Batman V Superman they came out and said that it would kick off 10 films that would all lead up to a Green Lantern movie in 2020.

Safe to say those plans changed...and yet now about 8 years later they got plans for 10 years. Consider me skeptical cause you could have all these plans and your first movie flops and then what happens? The rest of the movies don't continue going on ahead because they "were not profitable" according to Zaslav.

The question is.. Is Zas the Joker in this scenario?  Or will he live long enough to become the villain?  For some, he already is...  😁

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cax16 said:

I’ll believe this when I see it and they don’t change plans if a movie underperforms. 

Ironically Zaslav to me is exactly the type of boss that would panic when his superhero movies make 900million instead of a billion.

Which will just throw them to MoS and post BvS days.

8 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Kevin Feige and Marvel took a risk by banking their entire universe on lesser known characters for the MCU. They obviously had no real choice in the matter, but the bottom line is that they took a gamble, and it paid off. I can’t picture someone seemingly as risk-averse as Zaslav taking a similar gamble. 

Disney took loses on almost every phase 1 movie.

Disney had to do all this without their A and B tier heroes.
Zaslav isnt willing to do any of that.