Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

8 hours ago, excel1 said:

This is the kind of thing Bob Iger would never let happen at Marvel/Disney. The cost that comes with such a divisive, fan-upsetting move is enormous. You need a united fanbase for these films to be successful and this is anything but. 

Scarlet Witch arc in DS2 came close but luckily marvel has 20 other characters if that goes sour. Jury still out on what they’ll do with her next.

8 hours ago, excel1 said:

Momoa's film made 1.2 billion. If they allow Gunn to move on from him before #2 comes out, I'm officially on the "sell DC to Disney" bandwagon because this is lunacy. 

I think the sequel to this is going to play out similar to Jumangi’s sequel.

1 hour ago, Maggie said:

I have not watched Jacom Elcordi in anything, but from a simply aestethic pov he could work.

He's one of those bland imported Australian actors. 

What's fascinating about him is that he's one of only a half-dozen Australian actors to have never been on either 'Neighbours' or 'Home and Away'

I understand the choice to part entirely with the snyderverse, but I have to say I don't really think they're going to be able to rebuild the dceu from the ground-up at this point.

The landscape feels too saturated with supes films now for a fresh start imho and DC doesn't have Marvel's goodwill, and even the MCU itself is struggling to get new faces to the audiences. Their biggest names will probably still do fine in their new universe but I wonder about everything else.

• Like 2

They need to go full early aughts for his parents. 

Josh Hartnett with the de-aging technology would be perfect Superman. They would also get tons of free press from the enormous amount of "what happened to him?" articles that would accompany his casting. Plus all the middle-aged women that would flock to see his big screen return?   would make a solid Jonathon Kent. Reese Witherspoon would be a great Martha. Both have the midwest vibe. 

• Like 1

The real shocker isn't that Henry is out (his fate was sealed the moment Gunn and Safran came aboard), it's just how quickly the reboot was announced. They still have 4 more movies left over from the Hamada regime to deal with next year. You'd think they'd wait until Aquaman 2 hits digital platforms to announce it, but they didn't even try to show any restraint here. That's a pretty chilling indication as to how much faith Warner has in those movies. Why should anyone care about these lame ducks now that we know a reboot is coming? Dark Phoenix came out against the backdrop of an inevitable MCU reboot, so no one went to see it and it bombed. I wouldn't be surprised to see a similar fate for the 2023 slate with the exception of Blue Beetle. That one has nearly no baggage and can easily be reedited into the new universe.

1 hour ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

The real shocker isn't that Henry is out (his fate was sealed the moment Gunn and Safran came aboard), it's just how quickly the reboot was announced. They still have 4 more movies left over from the Hamada regime to deal with next year. You'd think they'd wait until Aquaman 2 hits digital platforms to announce it, but they didn't even try to show any restraint here. That's a pretty chilling indication as to how much faith Warner has in those movies. Why should anyone care about these lame ducks now that we know a reboot is coming? Dark Phoenix came out against the backdrop of an inevitable MCU reboot, so no one went to see it and it bombed. I wouldn't be surprised to see a similar fate for the 2023 slate with the exception of Blue Beetle. That one has nearly no baggage and can easily be reedited into the new universe.

You do know they're not going to dump all their 2023 DC films, that's just stupid. Nobody is going to stop seeing say Shazam 2 because they recast Superman. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

You do know they're not going to dump all their 2023 DC films, that's just stupid. Nobody is going to stop seeing say Shazam 2 because they recast Superman. 

Meh. I liked the first one, won’t go to theaters for the 2nd. I assume Shazam will die too. Gunn will likely kill off everything good and create some goofy stupid thing

• ...wtf 1

9 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

Another origin SM film? I have to change my opinion Gunn. He fails on comic level as well, not only on personal and business level. It might be a great film, but nobody cares at this point. Dude need to plan for the future. he can't read the room. 

He said it wouldn't be an origin film...

Edited by cookie