Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

i don't think there's anything confusing about two batmans. it's fine whatever. obviously they want batman in the universe but for a lot of people Batman is the only DC thing they give a shit about it's good to have a seperate batman that's just grimey gotham shit who doesn't have to worry about alien invasions or whatever

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i don't think there's anything confusing about two batmans. it's fine whatever. obviously they want batman in the universe but for a lot of people Batman is the only DC thing they give a shit about it's good to have a seperate batman that's just grimy gotham shit who doesn't have to worry about alien invasions or whatever

I’d say it’s not only confusing, but it also runs the risk of diluting the brand. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

Superman: Legacy is going to be the real test for "CBM fatigue" 

We'll see if the GA will come out for another reboot 

It would've been 12 years since the last Superman movie, and nearly 10 years since BVS. Both of which were pretty poorly received. Superman is a franchise in decline for years now. A new Superman reboot isn't a test of anything other than Superman's relevance. The next Avengers are the bigger test.

You could argue that a new X-Men reboot could be a test for something but I can see that franchise being fucking gigantic. 

Edited by AJG

DCU MOVIE SLATE 2025-2027
Superman Legacy - July 2025
The Brave and The Bold (Batman and Robin)
Supergirl
Swamp Thing
The Authority

DCU TV SLATE
Lanterns
Waller
Booster Gold
Paradise Lost
Creature Commandos (Animation)

DC ELSEWORDS
Joker: Folie à Deux - October 2024
Batman II - October 2025

Well I have more questions than answers lol

he said Shazam is DCU, Flash reboots the DCU, but Aquaman comes 6 months after flash but “leads them into their new chapter”. Weird. 

I’d normally be over the moon about an Amazons HBO show, but not if it has nothing to do with Gal’s Wonder Woman. 

Superman Legacy, The Batman Part II and Supergirl are the most exciting for me, I’m not as interested in TV shows, and certainly count me out of the animated series. 

Is Supergirl the same actress from Flash? urgh so many questions. 

I get peoples reservations about another connected universe so it’s just a wait and see for some people. Being a huge DC fan this is very exciting for me, especially some of the projects that they chose to start with. Hopefully it all works out. 

• Like 3

All that build-up just to release a pretty sensible line-up with c-tier characters we haven't seen before...

I respect it.

If anyone can post reactions from the Snyder Cult below that would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by AJG

3 minutes ago, belblazer said:

All I wanted was 2025 to be the year of the trinity and now we have The Batman part II and Superman: Legacy in it. Now only missing Wonder Woman but maybe the Amazons show will be there too. 

Wouldn't be surprised if the Wonder Woman game releases that year

Looking at how Spider-man Homecoming and The Batman did at the box office despite universal acclaim I hope WBD executives don't panic if this yet another Superman reboot don't do Man Of Steel's numbers either. The DC franchise won't survive more course corrections. If they believed in Gunn's vision I hope they stick with it unless it actually bombs and loses them money.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Porthos said:

giphy.gif

(maaaaaaaybe don't "joke" about things like that when one has cred as a leaker when half of DC fandom is desperately looking for anything out there)

((like, time and place my friend))

So the Swamp Thing leak was real after all.

FWIW, someone pointed out late last night that MTTSH made a joke about some other character on their alt Twitter account and that was what she was calling a joke.  But it seemed a little sketchy so I didn't say anything when I went to bed.

So...  I am retracting this comment officially.  But it would have been nice to know just what she was calling "a joke" so there wasn't confusion about it.

Well I didn’t get Dick or Tim as Robin but fuck yeah happy to get Damian. The rest is solid lineup for the next few years (I assume Flash Supergirl is our Supergirl?) and I trust Gunn as a storyteller but I’m also cinematic universed out.

18 minutes ago, Eric Crowe said:

Feel like having two Batman universes (three if we include Joker) all going on at once seems like absurd overkill and very confusing for the normies. I get Batman has to be in the big shared universe, but like...come on. That's just too much, on top of the HBO Max Penguin show

I agree. Feels like either DCEU bats or reevesverse bats had to be killed off for this to work, as two simultaneous bats is too much.

I also don't think they have the goodwill to expect the GA to watch the shows.

Good luck to them, I guess.

Way too early predictions 

Superman Legacy: $600M-700M

The Batman 2: $800-850M

Supergirl: $400-500M

Joker 2: $800-950M

Joker 2 probably has the best chance at $1B, but other than that I don't see a billion dollar film here...which is fine if the new DCU is received well. The billion dollar films will come later 

• Like 1