Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

17 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Huge fumble by Paramount, jesus

We'll see what Cruise chooses to produce. Don't wanna be a downer, but I just remembered JJ Abrams had a deal with WB and made no movies and his deal got suspended. Besides the MI series, has Cruise produced anything successful?

Chris McQuarrie talked about some movie ideas with Cruise, let's see if they come to frutition

Edited by Maggie

40 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

To be fair, Tony Stark/Iron Man was insanely popular cross generations despite being played by 39 years old actor in the first movie. Great characters are ageless, they connect. Same goes for Spiderman who is a teenager yet all generations like him. I don't think that teen Supers would automatically attract younger audience.

I mean, I would love to believe a 61 year old has the power to be hired for a modern role for today's youngest generations as iconic as Iron Man! Your mouth to God's ears.

Edited by MysteryMovieMogul

It’s crazy to me that WB/Zazlov has all these dedicated stans/defenders. It’s like Musk/Trump where people just see these old white business dudes doing business stuff and immediately become infatuated. Or is it because WB just has their favorite franchises?

(And no, I’m not a “WB hater”)

50 minutes ago, Speedorito said:

It’s crazy to me that WB/Zazlov has all these dedicated stans/defenders. It’s like Musk/Trump where people just see these old white business dudes doing business stuff and immediately become infatuated. Or is it because WB just has their favorite franchises?

Don’t get how it’s crazy people have favorite studios. Also not understanding how this is trump or musk related that people have favorite studios or franchises that makes no sense to me. I guess maybe you’re trying to push buttons or something idk.

People who were saying no one is going to work with the studio now was a ridiculous narrative is all I was calling out. 

I don’t know what Zaslav does on a day to day basis. I’ll never be a fan of him. But I am a fan of the studio and it seems they’re doing good things. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

You guys do know that WB isn’t just DC, right? 

Some people here don'r  seem to really grasp that emotinarlly, just like some don't want to admit that the days of the CBM as the domnant film genre seem to be numbered.

I, for one, hope Cruise goes back to more serious roles. he needs t challenge himself, not just do leading man roles like Ethan in the mI films that he can do in his sleep. And at 61, I wonder how much longer he has left as a heroic leading man.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Speedorito said:

I feel like Zaslav is probably not the best to work for  - especially with how open he is to throwing his own employees under the bus at a near-frequent basis every-time a WB project doesn't pan out the way it's meant to. I think the reason people are more supportive of WB lately compared to other studios is because they did hire De Luca and Abdy - two people who genuinely love film, and are willing to green-light movies which aren't just reheated IP leftovers. I can see why that's more exciting than something like Disney or Netflix, which are similar companies with a widely known but disliked-online CEOs in Iger & Sarandos. idk if people really pay attention to other studio chiefs like the Redstone's or whoever the Comcast guy is (idek), so maybe that's why it seems more pointed towards WB, Netflix & Disney - they definitely have the most outspoken leaders.

I thought some of the early response to Zaslev here was over the top, he was hated because he took some steps that any CEO coming on board a company in serious debt trouble would do, like cutting TV shows that were not pulling their weight. The first duty of a CEO in a bad debt situation is to cut the red ink, and that is never pretty; a lot of borderline stuff has to go. but since then Zaslev has made enough mistakes to  make me thing he is not a good CEO.

BTW that is why I am ataking the WB takes over Paramount rumors with a ton of salt, Warners cannot afford to add to their debt load what that would cost. Maybe, in a few years, but not for the foreseeable future.

Edited by dudalb

I think it's incredibly weird when any studio has defenders. Disney, Warner Brothers, Universal, all of them. I mean, if you're under their employ, I kinda understand it, but also, we're all relatively anonymous here so employment shouldn't matter.

But also, as someone who prefers streaming to my local movie theater, I'm used to people simping for studios with phrases like "but the studios are losing money!" Y'know, I don't care about studio money. Let them lose it. If Warner Brothers were to fail and go completely under, it wouldn't end moviemaking. Multiple studios would take its place to fill the creative void.I would have used Disney as the example for going under, but they'll always have the Parks to fall back on. At least, for now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I thought Cooper is confirmed to Bulitt. 

Yes, he is.

Anyway, WB used to be synonym with quality. I don't know if Zaslav is interested in quality product or just making money

• Like 1

Being a “fan” of any of these media conglomerates is silly, whether it’s WB, Disney, Universal, Netflix, etc. Corporations are not your friends. 

And yeah, it is annoying to me how a lot of people seem absolutely gung-ho about shilling for WB, especially on Twitter and Reddit. So many people seem deadset on praising/defending Zaslav at every possible step, just because they like DC. 

• Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1

1 hour ago, Maggie said:

Yes, he is.

Anyway, WB used to be synonym with quality. I don't know if Zaslav is interested in quality product or just making money

Uh, WB has always made it's share of bad movies, as had every studio.

Of course Zaslev main concern it making money. That is what they pay a CEO the big bucks for. Hopefully they can also bring out quality product, but every studio realeses some pretty trashy films if they think they can make money. And some truly crappy films have made a lot of money , and some really good films have bombed. That never really changes.

Edited by dudalb