Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

I call horseshit on this. We won't find out what studio Nolan is working on next until his next movie is announced, which won't be until towards the end of the year.

And with what Universal did for Oppenheimer, it's overwhelming success ensures that Comcast/Universal will surely want to be in the Nolan business again as soon as he's ready.  Warners (if they're even still the same entity) will have to have a pretty handsome offer to lure Nolan back so quickly.  Not sure they can even afford him, anymore...they might have spent that capital on gaining Cruise.  

Edited by Macleod

3 hours ago, Macleod said:

And with what Universal did for Oppenheimer, it's overwhelming success ensures that Comcast/Universal will surely want to be in the Nolan business again as soon as he's ready.  Warners (if they're even still the same entity) will have to have a pretty handsome offer to lure Nolan back so quickly.  Not sure they can even afford him, anymore...they might have spent that capital on gaining Cruise.  

That's not how money works.

33 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

It depends on WB's debt honestly 

Not really, it's not like the debt is maturing soon. They have a healthy cash flow and a profitable streaming platform, they have room to invest.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, dallas said:

The Suicide Squad and Blue Beetle were quite good. 

But both failed at the box office,,if you are talking about the 2021 Gunn Suicide Squad..which I liked quite a lot myself.

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

8 minutes ago, HowSway said:

Not really, it's not like the debt is maturing soon. They have a healthy cash flow and a profitable streaming platform, they have room to invest.

But enough to buy Paramount?

I doubt it. WN has got ot bet the debt down. You do know they opay inhterest on the debt, don't you?

4 hours ago, Macleod said:

I would not be surprised if Disney puts feelers out toward Nolan.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

But enough to buy Paramount?

I doubt it. WN has got ot bet the debt down. You do know they opay inhterest on the debt, don't you?

Theyve paid down 12 Billion in debt in the last year. Most of their debt was accrued when interest rates were a lot lower than now and they don't need to pay all cash to acquire Paramount, they can do a stock only acquisition.

So to answer your question, yes they have enough to buy Paramount.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, HowSway said:

Theyve paid down 12 Billion in debt in the last year. Most of their debt was accrued when interest rates were a lot lower than now and they don't need to pay all cash to acquire Paramount, they can do a stock only acquisition.

So to answer your question, yes they have enough to buy Paramount.

Skydance seems to have more.  😁