Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

I think some people may be overreacting. From the rumors it sounds to me like Zaslav wants WBD's streaming service (the future one that will merge HBO Max and Discovery+) to be just the home video destination of their products, meaning: TV shows will only be produced for HBO, Cartoon Network, etc., and movies will only be produced for theatrical release, and only later be available on their streaming service. Which is how the entertainment industry used to work before Netflix started investing billions in a flood of content and everyone followed along. At least that's why I'm hoping for. Maybe the Max originals stuff he is going to stop producing for HBO Max, WB will continue to make for rival streaming services.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The GOAT said:

What if the company goes under, if Zaslav doesn't make these cancellation? 

Lol this guy will just switch to different company after destroying most of the WB brand in like 3yrs when his short sighted movie pipeline fails to crack billions.

Edited by NamakFiskKa

39 minutes ago, AJG said:

https://ir.corporate.discovery.com/investor-relations/default.aspx

The audio live stream is here

https://events.q4inc.com/attendee/436689605

Unlike Disney we might need to sign up - hopefully its free 

It is free, you also don't need to confirm with an email, so you can just make up a fake name/email if you don't want to receive WBD Investor Relations emails in the future lol

Edited by Potiki

I'm still astonished at the revelation that the directors for Batgirl found out that the movie was thrown away while one of them was getting married the other day. Hopefully the entire industry is prepared for whatever the hell awaits us all today.

Wow Zaslav saved roughly 20-29% by cancelling a film. Oh you should feel so proud. 

Oh and now you have pissed off a huge fanbase, you created immense negative backlash for your streaming service, and to top it all off you pissed off Hollywood.

Sure hope that was worth it you cheap asshole.

Edited by Cappoedameron
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

Wow you saved roughly 20-29% by cancelling a film. Oh you should feel so proud. Zaslav is such a cheapass.

Actually, Zaslav saves the entire budget of the movie. The 15-20 is additional budget needed to finish the movie. 

The loss on the money spent goes into AT&T's balance sheet. It's a very stupid accounting framework but it's only valid for the past quarter

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

When Zaslav loses millions of subscribers at the next quarterly I'm going to laugh my ass off. 

Absolutely no one below the age of 40 gives a shit about these trash reality shows and HG TV when the housing market is at an all time low because of insane interest rates.

Edited by Cappoedameron
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 1