Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

2 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Superman: Jacob Elordi

Lois Lane: no idea

Lex Luthor: Cillian Murphy 

Jimmy Olsen: no idea

Perry White: no idea

Jonathon Kent: Josh Hartnett

Martha Kent: Reese Witherspoon 

I half want this Elordi thing to happen just so we can witness @excel1 implode with ecstasy all over the forums for a year or two in anticipation of the movie.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Macleod said:

I half want this Elordi thing to happen just so we can witness @excel1 implode with ecstasy all over the forums for a year or two in anticipation of the movie.  

I want Superman to make the money he is capable of making. WB no doubt blunted the hype here with this movie though, they should have never brought Cavill back altogether. 

But. It's been untapped potential for too long. Had they made the Michael Bay-esque Abrams films in the early 2000s starring mega heartthrob Josh Hartnett instead of unknown ala Brandon Routh or Henry Cavill, it would have been a colossal box office smash. 

Elordi of 2023 is not on Hartnett 2002 level of fandom, Josh of that time was in a similar place to a Harry Styles type of celebrity currently, but he's probably the closest of the real picks and has a huge gen z following.

Edited by excel1

9 minutes ago, belblazer said:

They should move the black Superman movie to this new universe.

If that movie happens at all, it will be an ELSEWORLDS story, if they establish that WHAT IF-style subgenre of movies -- but going by Zaslav's statements over the past few months and all the hints we're hearing, they just want one big central universe to start.  I think they're just being respectful to Coates in the press, but I'm willing to bet that Zaslav and Gunn/Safran don't want multiple Supermen or any other alternates running around concurrently on screen...and now that we know what Gunn is working on, well...who knows, he could be Black...but I doubt Gunn would steal that concept away from Coates' project.  

Edited by Macleod

32 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Snyder fans and youtubers prepping their hashtags upon learning that Henry Cavill will no longer be Superman in James Gunn's DC cinematic universe.

0OtZpHG.jpg

They're also whipping out James's old tweets. They're still pissed at him for those. No one else gives a shit anymore.

• Like 1

If it weren’t for the fact that there’s supposed to be a second season of Peacemaker, and that James Gunn has repeatedly insisted he has plans for Margot Robbie and Viola Davis, I would’ve been fully convinced at this point that the intention is for a reboot, but as it stands, I have no clue what the hell is going on.

I want to say that maybe the idea is for the new Superman to be its own solo universe, akin to Matt Reeves’ Batman, but I have my doubts that James Gunn would want to personally write something like that. That’s why I’m wondering if they’re going to use the events of the Flash movie to justify Superman looking like a different person. 

Edited by WittyUsername

Well.... my enthusiasm for next year's DC movies has waned, I'll say that much. They should have been absolutely tight lipped about the new plans and let the Flash movie do the work of rebooting the DC universe. It feels way more organic to do something like this within the story.

That would have still left Blue Beetle and Aquaman 2 in limbo but not much one can do about that, unless somehow Aquaman 2 could be ready in time for summer and they put the Flash at Christmas instead. That would allow all their movies next year to flourish, with the grand finale of the DCEU (The Flash) paving the way for Gunn/Safran's plans. No real life awkward announcements that you're rebooting needed because it's s evident to the audience in the movie.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

This is a new regime and like it or not, they're gonna live or die on how their movies are doing.

Except that is LITERALLY how most of DC solos worked post JL (2 of them being more successful than most WB movies)... 

2 hours ago, Porthos said:

also, frankly, I think "uniting" the DC fanbase was literally impossible - which brings us back to 'rip off the band-aid and get it over with

Only problem with that is helmed by the highly popular DC maestro of projects like TSS and peacemaker. 

Gunn, I bow, but not sure his sensibilities fit with Superman. Yes, he has an unflappable comic knowledge and treats his characters with sincerity, but he nonetheless has a mean streak for ironic humor (works for TSS and Peacemaker, hit/miss with Guardians).

My choice for director would be Paul King. Wonka will very likely be a hit for WB and he has the earnestness and witty visual flair suited for Superman.

It'll never happen but given his history with WB... I think Baz Luhrmann could be a fun alternate choice. He is the maestro of cinematic bliss and melodrama. Give him 250million and we'll be treated to a real superhero movie bonanza.

This leads me to who plays the titular character.. it's gonna be Austin Butler, right? Soon to be Oscar winner, WB already cast him in Dune 2 before Elvis even released. They love to keep talent in-house.

Other names I'd like to see given a shot: Glenn Powell (c'mon, he'd be perfect), George MacKay (1917), Luke Macfarlane (Bros), Harris Dickinson (Triangle of Sadness, King's Men), Chris Abbott, Mike Faist (West Side Story), Paul Mescal

Okay, alright. After today's news I have to say something. . .

I am a huge Batman fan since... I don't know, 1997-1998 (when I was 5)? I'm also big fan of Superman (my 2nd favourite superhero of all time) and DC in general.

After awful BvS, even worse SS and extremely overrated Wonder Woman (yes, I don't like Jenkis' film) I decided to go to see Justice League in 2017 only for Henry (<3 forever) and don't go to see any other DCU movie in theaters or buy them on Blu-ray = not giving Warner even a penny, until I will see a good DCU film. Since 2017 I've been in cinema only on three DC films (Teen Titans GO! To the Movies, Joker and The Batman) because there are no part of DCU.

Since 2019 I've been considering breaking my rule of not paying for DCU films for Michael Keaton - I'm a huge fan of him ofc, so I want to see him for the first (and probably) only time on the big screen in The Flash. But after today I'm giving up. Return of Henry Cavill was the greatest news of this fall for me, I was so happy that after so many years he finally returned as Man of Steel adn this whole story "is he back, or is he not?" is over. But no, he's not Superman anymore, now it's over. And why? Because he don't want to? Becasue he wanted to much $$? Becasue he's too old to be Superman (nope, he's 39)? No, because new bosses want someone else even though fans were so happy when he annouced his return and Black Adam was "a thing" only because of its post-credit scene with Henry. James Gunn wants new Superman, younger Superman (again! which we see many times before) and he fired Henry.

I don't know James Gunn's and Peter Safran's big plan for DCU, but You know what - after all the leaks from this and previous week and after this decision - I don't care. I stop giving another chances to DCU. Bad PR + not listening the fans + one terrible decision too much. Now, I have only one thing to say to them - f**k You, James Gunn, f**k You Peter Safran, and f**k You, future DCU. I'm not waiting for any of DCU films and Warner won't see me/my money until Henry's back as Superman. Thank You.

#fireJamesGunn&PeterSafran #bringHenryCavillBack

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Disbelief 1

9 minutes ago, Juby said:

Okay, alright. After today's news I have to say something. . .

I am a huge Batman fan since... I don't know, 1997-1998 (when I was 5)? I'm also big fan of Superman (my 2nd favourite superhero of all time) and DC in general.

After awful BvS, even worse SS and extremely overrated Wonder Woman (yes, I don't like Jenkis' film) I decided to go to see Justice League in 2017 only for Henry (<3 forever) and don't go to see any other DCU movie in theaters or buy them on Blu-ray = not giving Warner even a penny, until I will see a good DCU film. Since 2017 I've been in cinema only on three DC films (Teen Titans GO! To the Movies, Joker and The Batman) because there are no part of DCU.

Since 2019 I've been considering breaking my rule of not paying for DCU films for Michael Keaton - I'm a huge fan of him ofc, so I want to see him for the first (and probably) only time on the big screen in The Flash. But after today I'm giving up. Return of Henry Cavill was the greatest news of this fall for me, I was so happy that after so many years he finally returned as Man of Steel adn this whole story "is he back, or is he not?" is over. But no, he's not Superman anymore, now it's over. And why? Because he don't want to? Becasue he wanted to much $$? Becasue he's too old to be Superman (nope, he's 39)? No, because new bosses want someone else even though fans were so happy when he annouced his return and Black Adam was "a thing" only because of its post-credit scene with Henry. James Gunn wants new Superman, younger Superman (again! which we see many times before) and he fired Henry.

I don't know James Gunn's and Peter Safran's big plan for DCU, but You know what - after all the leaks from this and previous week and after this decision - I don't care. I stop giving another chances to DCU. Bad PR + not listening the fans + one terrible decision too much. Now, I have only one thing to say to them - f**k You, James Gunn, f**k You Peter Safran, and f**k You, future DCU. I'm not waiting for any of DCU films and Warner won't see me/my money until Henry's back as Superman. Thank You.

#fireJamesGunn&PeterSafran #bringHenryCavillBack

Bro chill

• Like 3

Do James Gunn and WB realise that all of this mess just makes people not want to bother seeing Shazam 2, Flash, Aquaman 2 and Blue Beetle? 

Why should people bother? There’s no point if these characters finish anyway.

I dread to think who James will cast. The films will be filled with his family and friends.  

2 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Do James Gunn and WB realise that all of this mess just makes people not want to bother seeing Shazam 2, Flash, Aquaman 2 and Blue Beetle? 

Why should people bother? There’s no point if these characters finish anyway.

I dread to think who James will cast. The films will be filled with his family and friends.  

Isn't blue beetle part of gunn's plan?