CJohn

The Peanuts Movie | November 6, 2015

Spongebob is not nostalgic. He's 16 years old and is still the #1 cartoon on cable. People here just underestimated Spongebob because they don't watch the show anymore and thought the trailers looked stupid. Spongebob didn't bring as many old fans back as youd expect imo, but he's spanned 2 generations now, and unlike many cartoons, he was able to get even more popular with that next generation, so it somewhat balances out.

I was just thinking that the movie got people to go that had not seen the show in years like The Simpsons Movie.

That is what worries me. Are either of them qualified to do something like that?

I don't know if any them ever helped out with the old cartoons or not. I haven't seen the new trailer yet. I think it would have helped to have a cowriter who has worked on family films before.
  • Like 1

Trailer felt very very long. Seems like they're worried people don't know who these characters are, which is valid, because the only way people would pay to see a Peanuts movie is if they loved the characters. 

I think the design looks fantastic though.

Trailer felt very very long. Seems like they're worried people don't know who these characters are, which is valid, because the only way people would pay to see a Peanuts movie is if they loved the characters.

I think the design looks fantastic though.

I feel like most people know who Snoopy and Charlie Brown.some might know the supporting cast that well but that is the same with most movies. Edited by North Stars

The animation is the best I've seen this year.

Yeah Blue Sky really went out of the box with this one. Really was afraid of what this would look like when it was announced, but it really feels like the comic panels and the specials smoothly brought into a 3D world. I agree, best animation of the year.

• Like 2