Neo

Blade Runner 2049 | October 6, 2017 | Villeneuve directs | Full Trailer on Page 40

Loved Blade Runner. The teaser is good, maybe good enough to entice other people to see it with me when it comes out. I do wish that Sir Ridley were directing it, though. Blade Runner is his best work and it's a shame that he's not able to direct the sequel. It's disappointing that he is doing the Alien movie instead, but oh well. 

As an aside, it's hilarious that the original was set in the far-off year 2019. It always amuses me to compare reality to whatever dystopian future Hollywood and sci-fi writers can dream up. The vision of a perpetually dark, rainy LA, its streets crowded with ramshackle dives and downtrodden people is quite evocative but completely at odds with the current day.

• Like 3

The same trailer but no mention of Blade Runner and i bet there would have been way less hype. Let's be honest, the trailer really doesn't show much and what it does isn't that great. It's more the promise of seeing that world again that excites.

Edited by Elessar