Neo

Blade Runner 2049 | October 6, 2017 | Villeneuve directs | Full Trailer on Page 40

6 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Kevin’s hate for WB is so strong that he rooting for a film with WB involvement to only succeed OS! 

It wasn’t that long ago that he thought it would be a flop as it was a sequel to a flop!

I bet Kevin will be the one to spearhead the inevitable online backlash. :D 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Cochofles said:

Will the [mini]backlash against this take longer to materialize than the [mini]backlash against Dunkirk happened? Because I am already seeing too many people saying "Dunkirk was so overrated; anything but one of the best of the year, come on!" :rofl:

No because this is actually great. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Dene does it again! On Roger Deakins website he recommends watching it in 2d then 3d, gonna catch this in IMAX I'm thinking.

In other news!

https://www.yomyomf.com/anyone-else-bothered-by-how-white-blade-runner-2049-looks/

:bash:

They make some good points.

The film being great doesn't mean that one cannot talk about issues like that.

I'm miss rah, rah diversity but I never expected Blade Runner 2049 to be diverse. Maybe that's why I'm not bothered that it isn't. I'll watch other sci fi dystopian films if I want to see some diversity. There is nothing wrong with discussing it, have at it, I just don't care to. Honestly I have an outrage limit and I'm just not going to be outraged by every single movie the way some people want to be. But it's fine if other people are outraged, I will not tell anyone what to feel or think. I'm sure there are some things in films that I'm outraged by that other people aren't and that is what it is. 

• Like 3

Just reading the Guardian review and the plot premise seems to be inconsistent with the original film.

Spoiler

Ryan Gosling plays LAPD officer K, a limited-lifespan replicant whose task is to track down and destroy those first-gen models who can live as long as humans

Well the first film was about those first gen replicants trying to get around their limited lifespan.