Neo

Blade Runner 2049 | October 6, 2017 | Villeneuve directs | Full Trailer on Page 40

17 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

I mean, Dune is the LOTR of Sci-Fi right ?

So a 3-Part movie a la Peter Jackson with today s technology and a great filmmaker at the helm, who would not want that ?

Not really. LOTR is all about likable characters. Nobody's likable in Dune so forget LOTR boxoffice unless Denis injects warmth into characters and casts actors who project it. 

Edited by Valonqar

The Shay can hereby GUARANTEE to all interested parties that the francophone director should be the LAST to thank if this turns out good.

It would be the writing, the setting, the actors, THE LEGEND that is Blade Runner - that all make this good.

What the Shay expects from Monsieur Villeneuve (guy sounds like a Bond villain, doesn't he) - is just to not fuck things up (too much). :)

• Thanks 1

Just now, tribefan695 said:

Canada's pretty much New Hollywood now. Makes sense that their filmmakers would become more skilled at working the system

yeah, Canada gets it. No wonder TIFF's the most important pre-awards festival cause the audience pulse is compatible with Hollywood, unlike Cannes or Venice. 

@shayhiri damn you decoded the mystery! Monsieur Villaineuve is going to play Bond villain not direct. 

weMor1k.gif

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

Projection for BR2049's Run in weeks:

October 6: $78 million

October 13: $46.8 million (-40%)

October 20: $29 million (-38%)

October 27: $16.5 million (-43%)

November 3: $9.7 million (-41.5%)

November 10: $6.3 million (-35%)

November 17: $3.9 million (-38.5%)

November 24: $2.7 million (-30%)

November 31: $2 million (-25%)

Total: $213.5 million (3.529x)

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

I mean, Dune is the LOTR of Sci-Fi right ?

So a 3-Part movie a la Peter Jackson with today s technology and a great filmmaker at the helm, who would not want that ?

I think some  might be conflicted because having a Dune trilogy would take up a significant chunk of Denis' time, for a director in his peak form, the trade off would be a few really fantastic original films I suppose? Kind of like how some people think of Avatar 2,3,4, and 5. Though I would much rather have Dune series than Cleopatra or a Bond movie done by him.

1 hour ago, Elessar said:

true...

Canada is proud of Cameron and Villeneuve for sure :)

Edited by NCsoft

5 hours ago, Jonwo said:

Warner Bros are only distributing it due to their output deal with Alcon so while they'll won't make much money from it, they'll still get to be part of a critically acclaimed film. Sony I imagine are hoping to least break even with it as they contributed around $100m to the budget with Alcon the remainder. 

Does that mean WB will get the state side profit? Because if so, they will make A LOT of money, seeing how the didn't actually pay for the movie, only for the distribution.

Just now, James said:

Does that mean WB will get the state side profit? Because if so, they will make A LOT of money, seeing how the didn't actually pay for the movie, only for the distribution.

The profit won't solely go to WB; the production companies will get some of it and maybe Villeneuve/Ford/Gosling if they have backend deals.

6 minutes ago, James said:

WB will get a distribution fee and small percentage of the profit but Alcon will get the majority since they financed it.