How to Train Your Dragon

49 members have voted

1. 1. Grade How to Train Your Dragon

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

It's fitting that this should be my first posting here. Definitely my fav movie of the last couple years, and probably longer. Great story that works on multiple levels, great visuals, and the best score of 2010 in my opinion. Toothless is awesome, adorable, and even kind of hot if you ask me, lol.A+

A+++Dreamworks beat out Pixar in 2010. I really loved this movie, and I think it lost the Oscars more due to Dreamworks bad reputation of making bad movies that people overlooked this.I found the mix of accents ("hollywood nerd" for the kids and butchered scottish for the adults) to be amusing, but it it annoyed my mom.

The most amazing animated film I have ever seen. The film is stunning to look at. The flight scenes are majestic and action packed all at once. The friendship that grows throughout the film is touching. It also has one of the best scores I have ever heard. Plus, only Avatar rivals this for 3D greatness.An instant classic and one of my all time favorite films.A+

Rewatched this on a long car trip. It was even better than I remembered, and I loved a lot when I first saw it. The characters, the voice acting, and the animation are all superb, and the story is great, and was the first DreamWorks movie I could honestly call Pixar-quality. (The only other one so far is Kung Fu Panda 2.) It's also still the best 3-D I've ever seen. And about the score, I'm still annoyed Social Network beat it, as I can honestly call it my favorite non-John-Williams score ever.

A+

• Like 1

I thought that Ralph was the best animated movie out there... Never have I been so wrong.

I watched this movie with a smile on my face (apart from the ending, which was a little bit sad (seeing that he had lost his foot)). Looking forward to the sequel, and hopefully, if it's at least half as good as this, I will be watching it. The score is amazing, too.

Also, am I the only one who noticed a few similarities in expression (especially when he gets mad at Hiccup for stepping on the lines from the drawing in the sand he made with the tree) between Toothless and Stitch?

Edited by ChFloppit
  • Like 2

Also, am I the only one who noticed a few similarities in expression (especially when he gets mad at Hiccup for stepping on the lines from the drawing in the sand he made with the tree) between Toothless and Stitch?

Those movies both had the same directors. So maybe that's where that comes from.

• Like 2

Amazing film! Easily the best Dreamworks film and one of my all-time favorite movies!

IMO, Best use of 3D for a movie, beating out Avatar. The flying sequences gave me chills!

The score was fantastic and really complemented each scene perfectly providing aditional emotion and power to two great characters, Hiccup and Toothless.

A+