Tower

Weekend estimates (11-02/04-12)(starting pg 15)

Iron Fist didn't bomb.It proved alot of naysayers wrong. I guess the Wu Tang brand still has some staying power for the general public.But with a 15 million budget and no overseas market, I don't think it will be profitable until dvd. But that should be enough to launch Rza's directing career.

No Overseas market? This is the perfect movie for asian markets and they shot it in China.

Paramount has to be the most dumbest studio of all-time. WTF was this?! Were they trying to imitate Warner Bros's Cloud Atlas TC strategy?! I seriously can't think of one good reason that justifies the release of Flight in just 1900 theaters.And btw, Denzel deserves a 15M paycheck for every movie he does. The man is fucking unstoppable.

Edited by CJohn

I'm not sure about this month, but it'll definitely be a nice buildup to the juggernaut that is The Hobbit.Still, glad that the box office is back on the upturn; next weekend should be VERY exciting as I'm expecting Fast Five numbers for Skyfall...or at the very least $70M+.

Edited by creolepaladin

I'm not sure about this month, but it'll definitely be a nice buildup to the juggernaut that is The Hobbit.Still, glad that the box office is back on the upturn; next weekend should be VERY exciting as I'm expecting Fast Five numbers for Skyfall...or at the very least $70M+.

Ralph, Flight, Lincoln, Skyfall, BD2, and Guardians? What on earth is there to not be sure about this month???
  • Like 1

Will Flight open in more theaters? I was disappointed to see it wasn't in my local theater, but I did check out Ralph and Taken 2 today. Taken 2 was better than I expected and Ralph was out of this world, crazy awesome!

I think I predicted 48 for Ralph, so pretty good. Think it'll hold well next week if the NE theatres go back online.Flight, also a tad above or around my prediction (19-21). Denzel deserves credit but I think so does Zemeckis. I'm sure the target audience knows him from the 90s very well and as I said before, after the first trailer, it looked exactly like a film from the 90s in terms of atmosphere, ambiance and feel. I'm not sure how well an expansion would work but they could at least try. Stupid from Paramount considering the muted anniversary they've had and now they are losing Dreamworks too.Better than expected for Iron Fists.Hope they go up some more.

I'd be willing to bet Wreck It Ralph numbers go up. I just got back from seeing TMWTIF and it was about half full, so that number seems right, but after it ended I wasn't feeling tired and I knew WIR would start in 30 minutes so I decided to get a ticket and make it a double feature night. I get to the lobby and there is an absolutely massive lineup, at least 300 people, and this was for people who had tickets, the ticket buying line was also huge. The sign was flashing "low seats" so it was almost sold out already.This is not a theater that is massively busy, I can't remember the last time I saw a line like that at that theater, maybe Despicable Me.