A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

23 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Ok, I bit and tried out.

Agree

Stopped around the 2nd minute.

1. Seems to have skimmed over a few resent articles, but not read those through with some energy / time spend.

2. Do not like her voice nor her speaking pattern.

The rest I do not know, I am, as some might remember, faceblind.

That's the last I plan to speak about her.

Generally speaking, Olive said recently MCU is not that accesable for 40+ Years old (can't find the post for the moment)

Might be interesting to check each... let's say... 5 Years to see if there will be a slight change for the older ages groups for movies like the MCU movies or otherwise not that based in a 'theoretically possibility' (= I mean e.g. fast cars, even if storywise... in later parts strongly exaggerated, might be funny also for older ppl who might remember times as their parents worked for a long time till the family had the first car, if it even it were the parents who bought the first car). I am aware about fantasy movies being successful too, but those seem based on local stories.

That's very interesting to hear! I've just learnt what "faceblind" is and it sounds like it can be quite scary to have! What's it like, if you don't mind me asking? (No pressure to answer, completely your choice)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MT50000 said:

If you watch her videos you know she isn't stupid. I'm assuming her only fault was doing zero research (which she should have done before commenting). And she definitely deserves the ribbing over it, for sure! Just not to the bitchyness levels you guys give it.

Well if I did a job speaking about boxoffice and I can't even take 15 min of my time to check something. I would question the integrity at that point. As a public figure you have some responsibility to the people you are informing. Or you might as well be Trump.. 

And it isn't only her, I have the same feeling towards campea. I and really love that guy, he gives fun reviews, keeps a good conversation with the audience. But sometimes he says things like 'you would be a complete idiot to think x' and X isn't even that unreasonable , than it happens and he doesn’t speak about it anymore.  I just want them to not be ignorant and act all knowing about something whilst not doing a good amount of research and letting other opinions in the mix.  If you are going to inform people it’s wise to know your own limits and to admit mistakes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, pepsa said:

Well if I did a job speaking about boxoffice and I can't even take 15 min of my time to check something. I would question the integrity at that point. As a public figure you have some responsibility to the people you are informing. Or you might as well be Trump.. 

And it isn't only her, I have the same feeling towards campea. I and really love that guy, he gives fun reviews, keeps a good conversation with the audience. But sometimes he says things like 'you would be a complete idiot to think x' and X isn't even that unreasonable , than it happens and he doesn’t speak about it anymore.  I just want them to not be ignorant and act all knowing about something whilst not doing a good amount of research and letting other opinions in the mix.  If you are going to inform people it’s wise to know your own limits and to admit mistakes.

I just wish they wouldn't insult people for predicting things when they themselves don't bother to look at presales or any other metrics. I wouldn't mind if Grace was like "Avengers IW has less walk ups than the others so it won't hit 200m". Its not the predictions themselves- I don't even mind crazy predictions and think they can be fun- but the condescending way they talk down to people without actually looking at why people are predicting things. 230m was not a bad prediction for OW given presales. Was it way off? Yes, but that doesn't mean its bad.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

I’m giving her a pass because estimating numbers is not her main focus.  While people here have had YEARS of experience - yet seem to be failing all the time. It’s like a chef over cooking his meals constantly.  First it was 700-800 DOM, and now this mess with China.  I didn’t even have to look at the presales to know that everyone was overhyping it. 

What is her focus exactly ? She seems ignorant about everything and speaks like a ten year old girl. Respect for making a living from YouTube but that’s about it. She makes funny faces while watching trailers and seems like a big ignoramous about everything else . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, raulbalarezo said:

He also said that BP underperformed OS because it has an 50/50 split dom and overseas Screenshot_20180513_121814.jpg

Yeah being the second biggest solo superhero film of all time overseas, behind only iron man 3 , is really underperforming. Now she developed a theory that marvel films and furious films are doing well in China cause...Disney and universal have thematic parks there or something :hahaha:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • ...wtf 1

2 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

That's very interesting to hear! I've just learnt what "faceblind" is and it sounds like it can be quite scary to have! What's it like, if you don't mind me asking? (No pressure to answer, completely your choice)

No problem but its OT so spoiler tags:

Spoiler

There are different reasons and % of face blindness.

Some faceblinds see only a kind of empty patch, those need e.g. a scarf,... to recognise their own partner standing near them.

I can remember hair colors and styles, glasses,... if unique, and, most important, voices.

I do actually see ... something, but can not 'save' the impression in my brain (my reason is another than the ones with the uniform colored patch instead of a face), so I can not recognise my own family also, but can somehow look out for posture (people tend to have different ones, the style of movements,... the hairs... and can often find people, if I am expecting to find a certain person at a certain place, like a store (if it is not a big one).

But as voices tend to vary (e.g. being tired, having worked in a hot room,...), sometimes I do not find someone beside hearing him or her.

Do you know the kind of riddle where you see 2 simple drawings side by side, but they did little changes to one of them? In that way I can try to compare two faces (if taken from a compareable angle), but I can not use / access the same information the moment I close my eyes. As in I can try to compare the changes of brightness and darkness on a picture, like counting pixels of that shade in that area on a picture.

I can not even say what colour the eyes of my son or my hubby are.

As I am not able to save face details I also do not know what people mean if they tell e.g. actor xy is beautiful.

I do not understand the term.

Especially not the connection to that people seem to give beautiful people a kind of extra credit, to me that sounds very illogical.

What it means for social life is sometimes a bit ... inconvenient. People e.g. sometimes think I am rude as I did not greet them in a surrounding I didn't know they can be 'found' too (like driving in a bus in another city, you know the funny moments you meets someone outside the usual places).

Nowadays I try to tell especially the newer to me ppl beforehand or to remind ppl I see seldom, as I learned that a lot of ppl are too polite to say something by themselves.

Funnyly a lot forgot that based on e.g. me waving to them whilst they drive past me with their car, but then I do remember a lot of license plates....

Scary in the sense of danger it is not to me, as I am seemingly rather good in reading body language.

It is sometimes even the other side around, new ppl not knowing this, do sometimes not a good job in hiding their body language, so a few times I could even warn ppl about the new person being lying or.... (like trying to get them to invest money), but something like that really only very seldom happens.

I even worked as a part time / weekend bounce some 35y+ back, first female in my region as far as i know. Boss said, when I am at the door he can be fairly certain no povocatuer gets inside.

I guess you see, I think it has positive and negative aspects.

Btw, I am also 'only' 2-D sighted, as in I have no depth perception in RL ( I mean outside of cinemas o so, like whilst working or...), but that has another reason again.

You can send me a pm if interested into more, I think this is OT enough already :)

• Like 4
  • ...wtf 1

2 hours ago, BoilingHotCoffee said:

it's funny how Grace originally said we "read the currency wrong"

so instead of $200M we would get ¥200M?

That translates to $31.5M opening weekend, did she give that any thought at all? :hahaha:

She’s a moron so we must give her a break 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

But WW which had the near same 50/50 split didn't under-perform even though it made over $500m less.... :lol:

Don't forget the "adjusted for inflation" hot takes. Didn't hear about those until BP started making so much money.

• Like 1