baumer

Jane Got a Gun (Portman/McGregor) | February 2016 sometime | Weinstein is actually going to release it (maybe).

Is Fassbender even in this?

No he was the first to drop out - even before the Director did whatever it is she did and didn't show up on set (and is now being sued) .  He was replaced with Edgerton who was playing another role and then Edgerton was replaced with Jude Law who dropped out, then Bradley Cooper who dropped out and the finally Ewan McGregor who is either a masochist or felt really bad for Portman so he agreed to the role.

• Like 1

That's definitely the release date of death.

I guess if nothing else, competition will be far weaker than coming out the week after Fifty Shades and Kingsman The Secret Service, but still.

I don't think it'll have any competition since at this point it'll probably be released on VOD and in some theaters on the same day.

• Like 1

The difference is Serena couldn't even get a US distributor so Magnolia took it off the hands of it's sister company 2929 Productions which financed it.  Magnolia then planned VOD from the start.

However it's not up to Relativity when it comes to the number of theaters, it's entirely up to theater owners and Jane Got a Gun could end up in release less than a thousand theaters opening weekend for all we know.

I'm not saying it will, I'm just giving you a possibility.

Edited by Saintarcher
  • Like 1

I don't believe in curses but this movie may very well be cursed.

Relativity Media Misses Deadline Extension As It Looks To Push ‘Jane Got A Gun’

EXCLUSIVE: Just days afterRelativity Media pushed the release date of its comedyMasterminds for the third time (it’s now on October 9), we hear that the company yesterday missed their extension deadline that they were given by investors. Also, we’re hearing that Relativity is on the verge of pushing Jane Got A Gun(which its partnered with The Weinstein Co. on) off its September 4th release date which, of course, raises more questions about whether the company has blown through its P&A money. That would then mark the fourth time that the Ewan McGregor, Natalie Portman film (which has been mired with other problems) has gone been postponed. Relativity declined to comment.