Jack Nevada

What movie had the best 3D?

From what I have seen (besides Avatar of course) Hugo and Prometheus were phenomenal. Prometheus was more flawless in its presentation since Hugo took more chances and advantage of the stereo-space. Hugo always looked fantastic but there were some scaling issues at times.Jackass 3 also had a fantastic 3D presentation. The first 3D film I saw was Superman Returns: An IMAX experience which had select scenes converted. That was an incredible experience since it was so new and felt like the future of event-movies at the time. I also saw T23D at Universal Studios last year which was not as sophisticated as modern 3D films but still pretty awesome.I also saw Titanic 3D in IMAX and I thought it enhanced the film significantly. I was pretty blown away. Alright, rant over.

Edited by Clavius
  • Like 1

I absolutely loved the 3D of A Christmas Carol. The scenes where the camera was sweeping across old London literally dropped my jaw.

Great thread by the way, it would be nice to have a place to dissect current 3D releases and what makes them successful or unsuccessful on both a visual and story-telling level.

A Christmas Carol had excellent 3D, I find CGI films tend to have better 3D compared to live action although TASM and Tron Legacy used it effectively.The best 3D conversion would weirdly be Beauty and the Beast, the ballroom scene was done very well, still hoping that Aladdin and Tarzan get converted into 3D soon.