Neo

Pacific Rim: Uprising | March 23, 2018 | Steven S. DeKnight (Starz' Spartacus, Marvel's Daredevil) directing | John Boyega. Scott Eastwood joins as co-lead | Tag All Spoilers!

15 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Loved the trailer and loved the music as well.

There seems to be Jaeger on Jaeger action, I wonder whats going on there.

I need the actual remix of this thing and I'm not even that much into rap. It's a remix of a Vicent Staples song putting some Tupac on that and I thought it was literally brilliant. Meshed quite well with the trailer and got me chanting at the end. The actual remix doesn't seem to be out right now but you can listen to Staples original version of the song here:

Just now, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Uuggh.... :sick:

A lot of negativity surrounding this film....to the point where some people are wantfully wishing PR2 to bomb rather than be a WW-hit. :ph34r:

I hope it doesn't bomb....just to shut a lot of the nay-sayers up.

Finn got this, mate. I honestly think that Finn's ascension from The Last Jedi plus how bad ass this film looks almost like a freaking anime that came to life will make it work. I honestly didn't care for the first and thought it was boring. This seems like a film that I'd have a blast with. 

17 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Yes

anyone that thinks it wont is deluding themselves 

Yeah, right....because "you" didn't like the first one, that's why.

You want it to fail, and you want it to bomb. Obvious wishful thinking much, John Marston. 🙄

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

I wouldn't be surprised if this film grossed less in China than its predecessor. It just doesn't look very appealing.

It's a forced sequel that clearly lacks Del Toro's influence. I want it to be good, but I also want it to stay true to the first film and feel connected to its universe. I feel they only did the bare minimum for this one.

15 minutes ago, NoobSaibot said:

I wouldn't be surprised if this film grossed less in China than its predecessor. It just doesn't look very appealing.

It's a forced sequel that clearly lacks Del Toro's influence. I want it to be good, but I also want it to stay true to the first film and feel connected to its universe. I feel they only did the bare minimum for this one.

Well, Chinese market is a like a different world now, even if it massively under-performs (which is definitely possible), I think doing better than predecessor is all but guaranteed. If it just do a little bit over the original though, I would consider it a massive failure. 

7 hours ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Yeah, right....because "you" didn't like the first one, that's why.

You want it to fail, and you want it to bomb. Obvious wishful thinking much, John Marston. 🙄

Well the first one flopped in the U.S. and this sequel is coming out almost 4 years later with the biggest star of the first film not returning. It's hard to see how this will increase.