Neo

Pacific Rim: Uprising | March 23, 2018 | Steven S. DeKnight (Starz' Spartacus, Marvel's Daredevil) directing | John Boyega. Scott Eastwood joins as co-lead | Tag All Spoilers!

3 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

And where was my girl Mako in the trailer? 

Dead, duh! You bet that they'll bring her back for about 5 minutes just to give Jake a motivation to fight by dying shortly after her inspirational motivational speech. Movies like this thrive on this trope. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

I hope every copy of this gets wiped clear on its way to their individual theaters. I'm not stanning for this movie like I did with the first one. Boyega sucks too, terrible British accent. 

He's litteraly from Peckham...

25 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

I hope every copy of this gets wiped clear on its way to their individual theaters. I'm not stanning for this movie like I did with the first one. Boyega sucks too, terrible British accent. 

Not sure if serious. :jeb!:

The images looked cool, even with the slightly reduced budget, and I like seeing the jaegers together, but the use of the "war" song was completely inappropriate, and took me out of the trailer. Eh!!!

Edited by Fancyarcher

1 minute ago, Bishop54 said:

At the beginning of the trailer when the big robot foot came down I was like "ok, that's pretty cool" but beyond that point it was :sadben::wintf:

Yeah I was back in that world till the "war" music played. Took me out of it completely.

• Like 2

Sometimes less is more. Especially in the early promos. When the boss-kaiju in the end appears and it's shadow cuts across everyone's face, I thought the trailer would end there to leave the audience in some awe and mystery. Nopes...the music kicks in and the jaegers go full Power Rangers with some bad daylight vfx.

2 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Actually....universal is only distributing it in North America and few other territories. China has ponied up most the cash. 

I'm guessing they're expecting something like 200m out of China... Which I guess can happen.

They should release this in China before other countries.

Edited by Cookson
  • Like 1