Neo

Pacific Rim: Uprising | March 23, 2018 | Steven S. DeKnight (Starz' Spartacus, Marvel's Daredevil) directing | John Boyega. Scott Eastwood joins as co-lead | Tag All Spoilers!

19 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I'm sorry but why he doesn't deserve to be blamed for producing a shit movie? I see Zach Snyder being blamed for the same thing all the time. or Michael Bay. Boyega produced a garbage sequel so he's responsible. 

I think he's completely disposable in Star Wars, both in TFA and especially in TLJ. Eveyrone upstaged him in both movies. Perhaps he's like Colin farrell, works better in small movies then in blockbusters where he's just out of his depth. 

Because John Boyega didn’t write the script and/or direct the movie. Snyder and Bay were in positions of power to make shitty decisions. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

Because John Boyega didn’t write the script and/or direct the movie. Snyder and Bay were in positions of power to make shitty decisions. 

He produced it so he is in some position of power. Lets not act like he thought this would be the best movie ever but the writer and director let him down. PR wasn't all that great to begin with, especially the script and characters. It also didn't do the kind of business that required a sequel. So that's that. He knew and thought he could do better or whatever. I don't care. I'm just saying that he has more power as a producer and he gave interviews where he said something along the lines that producing the movie assured he'd be the lead or something. 

But anyway, one producing dud (critical by the look of it) is not the end of the world. It's gonna make a bank at least in China. 

Edited by Valonqar

8 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

He's not bringing anything interesting to the character. He's playing him like a straight up comedy even though he's supposedly a born and bred soldier. But he doesn't even have a posture and carriage like one! There's no way that JJ forbid him to act as anything other than a total doofus. I bet Boyega simply had no ideas. In all honestly, it's an uninterested, basic performance so no wonder RJ expanded Poe at Finn's expense cause Oscar Isaac at least did something memorable with that nothing of a character in TFA. Storm Pilot ship is so popular mostly thanks to what Poe/Oscar brought to it. So yeah, I'm not surprised they are not interested in Finn when they have actors who actually bring something to their characters. 

This makes no sense at all. On the first day of filming, JJ told Daisy Ridley that she was wooden and needed to do better. Why on earth would he just let Boyega slide with a performance he didn't think was right just to spare his feelings? seriously, your weird hate for Boyega is a little weird.

• Like 4

Just now, Rebeccas said:

This makes no sense at all. On the first day of filming, JJ told Daisy Ridley that she was wooden and needed to do better. Why on earth would he just let Boyega slide with a performance he didn't think was right just to spare his feelings? seriously, your weird hate for Boyega is a little weird.

Oh, valonqar have weird hate for manything. Ask him, his opinion on Scarlett Johansson.

6 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Well, Daisy ended up with the better performance so perhaps he should have told Boyega something to improve him? 

Also, speaking of weirdness, your stanning for him is weird to me too. I don't care whether Attack the Block perf is greater than Brando, he's not nearly that level on SW and that's all that matters to me. Skip button material. There. 

@Premium George WTF? I defended Scarlett so many times against people who say she's a bad actress. She's not. She has great range. I'm just not convinced by Action Scarlett. But I don't hate her, not even close. 

Edited by Valonqar

37 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I'm sorry but why he doesn't deserve to be blamed for producing a shit movie? I see Zach Snyder being blamed for the same thing all the time. or Michael Bay. Boyega produced a garbage sequel so he's responsible. 

I'm a huge fan of John, he is basically the only reason I care about this movie, but you are not fucking wrong. He's not the only one responsible, but he's got a part in it.

Just now, Morieris said:

I'm a huge fan of John, he is basically the only reason I care about this movie, but you are not fucking wrong. He's not the only one responsible, but he's got a part in it.

Thank you. :) But yeah, the main producer, whoever he is, is the main culprit. 

Reviews for this are shockingly not terrible. I generally like critics and find myself agreeing, and there's obviously no conspiracies, but I do think that there is maybe a case that critics are giving "just fine, blah" movies "pretty okay!" reviews more often nowadays.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Reviews for this are shockingly not terrible. I generally like critics and find myself agreeing, and there's obviously no conspiracies, but I do think that there is maybe a case that critics are giving "just fine, blah" movies "pretty okay!" reviews more often nowadays.

I feel like it's always been that way, ppl are just generally angrier about movie reviews these days so we notice it more

• Like 1

BOT is such an unfair place.

:(

I can't ignore all those god awful David Eldrich tweets people seem to love to post way too often in way too many threads.

His takes read like " AI Hipster reviews 101".

@Modteam

Is it possible to create a David Elrich customized ignore function ?

:sherlock::thinking:

8 minutes ago, Chewy said:

I feel like it's always been that way, ppl are just generally angrier about movie reviews these days so we notice it more

This is true, maybe it's because I follow David Ehrlich and Mike Ryan and they both tweet "Wow, much better than it had any right to be!" at every other movie. 

• Like 2