Neo

Pacific Rim: Uprising | March 23, 2018 | Steven S. DeKnight (Starz' Spartacus, Marvel's Daredevil) directing | John Boyega. Scott Eastwood joins as co-lead | Tag All Spoilers!

16 hours ago, aabattery said:

I'd say it got pretty deep near the end. Average depth of the Pacific Ocean is around ~4000 metres, I'd say the climax of the film must've been around that deep.

Thank you, this is my worst joke.

So this is the kind of joke quality that passes around here these days. I see. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Liam Eastwood was absolutely fantastic in this.

yes, he improved from the first PR movie where he was more thinking about his fake American accent than emoting. Even though Pacific 2 is Pooprising, he was the highlight. made his papa proud. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

19 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Liam Eastwood was absolutely fantastic in this.

15 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

yes, he improved from the first PR movie where he was more thinking about his fake American accent than emoting. Even though Pacific 2 is Pooprising, he was the highlight. made his papa proud. 

giphy.gif

Just saw it...uh...Kaiju?

Hardly in it...oh, a flashback or two...but a new Kaiju battle is not in the first three quarters of the movie...

They arrive in the third act, and the battle is fierce...but the new remote control drone development absorbs most of the movie's (relatively) short 110 minute run time.

The early skirmishes are with a rogue robot...controlled by an alien brain, but it's not a Kaiju...

The critics are supportive of a CGI fest, I knew there had to be something 😂. It was all the acting and dialogue the first 75% of the movie...

Not saying it sucked, but the original was way better...gotta give to the trailer guys, they deceived me really good 😂. They plastered the trailers with Kaiju (flashbacks), lol. Just one of those bizarre decisions, overthought by the producers.

It could have been structured a whole lot better than it was...the whole drone development mumbo jumbo could have been summed up in a prologue. You go right into the new drones landing, the doublecross, the portal is opened. All in the first 30 minutes, so you're not boring people to death.

Edited by OdinSon2k14

2 hours ago, OdinSon2k14 said:

Just saw it...uh...Kaiju?

Hide contents

Hardly in it...oh, a flashback or two...but a new Kaiju battle is not in the first three quarters of the movie...

They arrive in the third act, and the battle is fierce...but the new remote control drone development absorbs most of the movie's (relatively) short 110 minute run time.

The early skirmishes are with a rogue robot...controlled by am alien brain, but it's not a Kaiju...

The critics are supportive of a CGI fest, I knew there had to be something 😂. It was all the acting and dialogue the first 75% of the movie...

Not saying it sucked, but the original was way better...gotta give to the trailer guys, they deceived me really good 😂. They plastered the trailers with Kaiju (flashbacks), lol. Just one of those bizarre decisions, overthought by the producers.

It could have been structured a whole lot better than it was...the whole drone development mumbo jumbo could have been summed up in a prologue. You go right into the new drones landing, the doublecross, the portal is opened. All in the first 30 minutes, so you're not boring people to death.

Are you forgetting the part where

All the drones transform into kaijus and attack the military base?

Uhhhhhh... This was much better than I was expecting it to be. Boyega and teen girl were pretty good. I didn't have any problem with Scott Eastwood?

I don't think this was as good as the first, but the battles were good enough. I think this movie deserves better then what its getting.

6 hours ago, Sam said:

So this is the kind of joke quality that passes around here these days. I see. 

He is the funniest poster on BOT, an award of strong merit with a storied history of quality jokesters

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, November Treejax said:

Are you forgetting the part where

Reveal hidden contents

Those weren't  

the MONSTERS advertised in the trailers. They were mini Kaiju/bot hybrids. The MONSTERS shown in the trailers don't appear until the third act.

11 minutes ago, OdinSon2k14 said:

Those weren't  

Hide contents

the MONSTERS advertised in the trailers. They were mini Kaiju/bot hybrids. The MONSTERS shown in the trailers don't appear until the third act.

I havent seen the trailers so don't know what you are referring to but what's the issue with that exactly?

I mean that's not much different from the first movie. Apart from the opening sequence. The battle is just a lot longer in the first one right?

Also I think most people are more interested in the robots than the kaiju.

5 hours ago, November Treejax said:

I havent seen the trailers so don't know what you are referring to but what's the issue with that exactly?

Hide contents

I mean that's not much different from the first movie. Apart from the opening sequence. The battle is just a lot longer in the first one right?

Okay...okay...that why they put Kaiju all over the trailers?! People wanted to see the robots-battle the Kaiju...

I'm not gonna go back and watch the entire original movie...but off my head, there was an opening fight where the main robots co-pilot was killed.

The second act featured a huge metropolitan city battle, in which pilots were killed and bots destroyed. The third act was an undersea fight. See how it's evenly dispersed throughout the movie? Robot vs robot, this isn't a Transformers movie...

Edited by OdinSon2k14
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, November Treejax said:

Hide contents

There were Robot/Kaiju fighting spaced out throughout the original movie. A couple pilots were killed, and robots destroyed in the SECOND act battle. Then Elba leads the final battle undersea in the third act.

they didn't bore you to death until the Kaiju fight at the VERY end.

Edited by OdinSon2k14