Neo

Pacific Rim: Uprising | March 23, 2018 | Steven S. DeKnight (Starz' Spartacus, Marvel's Daredevil) directing | John Boyega. Scott Eastwood joins as co-lead | Tag All Spoilers!

231m WW for PRU is actually better than what I was expecting it to be. Now just imagine if it was actually holding better in China and US. A 3rd film would actually be on the table. 

Will it actually hit 300m? Needs 320-330 before home video and merchandise imo for a 3rd film to happen.

2 hours ago, Cookson said:

231m WW for PRU is actually better than what I was expecting it to be. Now just imagine if it was actually holding better in China and US. A 3rd film would actually be on the table. 

Will it actually hit 300m? Needs 320-330 before home video and merchandise imo for a 3rd film to happen.

3rd film?

home video? Merchandise???

:hahaha:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cookson said:

I have never seen a child with a Pacific Rim toy in my life, honestly I didn’t think PR even had merchandise.

300M is dead. It is pretty much done in China, it dropped -86% this weekend. -67% in America. Unless it does really well in Japan (which is possible) it will probably just miss 300M.

29 minutes ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

...WOW I didn't know it before. I thought Japs would eat it up. After all, they have a thing with mechs/bots.

Japanese audiences dont necessarily get excited over Hollywood approaches to homegrown properties (like Power Rangers last year)

Edited by kaijukurt

Power Rangers flopped everywhere but the U.S. Japan rejecting it wasn't anything special. 

Pacific Rim 2 will not do well in Japan. It couldn't even hold up in the Country it was made for (China) and you think it has a chance in hell of doing well in a Country the first film under performed in? 

5 hours ago, AJG said:

I have never seen a child with a Pacific Rim toy in my life, honestly I didn’t think PR even had merchandise.

I have a Leatherback figure, and all the entire NECA/Heroclix set from the first movie. Sideshow also made a beautiful Gypsy Danger and Knifehead. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Heat Vision said:

I want a third film 😭

Didn't expect it to do more than the first film tbh and it seems like they have pissed off the audience from the first. 

Their mistake(?) was thinking this had an audience to piss off.