jb007

Nolan vs Jackson

65 members have voted

1. 1. Who is Better?

• Christopher Nolan
    • Peter Jackson

Inception is a movie about the imagination of a white collar accountant made by an architecture fan. Hence why it's boring and monotone. Didn't understand why people complained there was no fantasy in these dreamscapes (like random flying pink elephants) , my only concern was the complete lack of sex.

Mal was dead so sex would be, ahem, necrophilic to say the least. Even in dreams. But Eames and Arthur sex would be most welcome. Edited by fishnets

Jackson is very good at Tolkien epics, other than that he's meh. While I feel Nolan has made a couple of missteps, most of his films are not just great, they're amazing. Plus, while Jackson is mostly great at adapting existing stories(Frighteners is merely good, not great), Nolan is great at coming up with his own(Memento, Inception, etc) and adapting others(Batman).

Nolan wins.

• Like 3

Jackson is very good at Tolkien epics, other than that he's meh. While I feel Nolan has made a couple of missteps, most of his films are not just great, they're amazing. Plus, while Jackson is mostly great at adapting existing stories(Frighteners is merely good, not great), Nolan is great at coming up with his own(Memento, Inception, etc) and adapting others(Batman).

Nolan wins.

Pretty much sums up what I would say

Based on their recent releases, I would have to go with Peter Jackson who has sprung back to form with a lean and effective ending to The Hobbit.

Being a Tintin fan since childhood, hoping to see a great Tintin movie from him.  :)

I think Jackson with key moments in Fotr, TTT and ROTK did some scenes Nolan can never match.

I can't see Nolan doing scenes like Frodo and Sam on MT doom. or Gandalf Charge at Helm's Deep or Ride of The Riders of Rohan in ROTK. 

Like can Nolan do a scene like this, no because its not his style, while Jackson has done amazing scenes like this.

However outside of LOTR, Nolan is much better than Jackson. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

I think Jackson with key moments in Fotr, TTT and ROTK did some scenes Nolan can never match.

I can't see Nolan doing scenes like Frodo and Sam on MT doom. or Gandalf Charge at Helm's Deep or Ride of The Riders of Rohan in ROTK. 

However outside of LOTR, Nolan is much better then Jackson. 

I would put King Kong against anything Nolan has done beyond Batman and Memento. While KK was ridiculously bloated, the action scenes are spectacular and the emotional 3rd act has some resonance.

If jackson had only made one movie in his life and it was LOTR then I would chose him because those are better then all the movies nolan ever made but he didn't.

So i pref Nolan, he is consistant, makes intresting movies, doesn't over do with CGI. He is probably my favorite director.

• Like 1