CJohn

Ben-Hur | 8/19/16 | 7 minutes of Jack Reacher will play before the movie

3 hours ago, misafeco said:

I liked the trailer. This movie can't be as good as the 1959 version (that one is in another league), but it looks okay. The music sucks, but i watch trailers for the footage.

The chariot race should be great, they filmed it with real chariots and horses. Fun fact: Hungarian coach-driving world champion Juhász László drives Messalla's vehicle and his son drives Ben Hur's. The horses are also from Hungary.

More proof that nowdays any film,no matter how crappy it looks,will find somebody to support it.

the only thing the Chariot race in this turd will do is remind everybody how much better the race in the 1959 film was.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dudalb said:

More proof that nowdays any film,no matter how crappy it looks,will find somebody to support it.

the only thing the Chariot race in this turd will do is remind everybody how much better the race in the 1959 film was.

You haven't seen the full thing yet.

• Like 2

I've been  looking foward to the next great Roman Epic for quite some time now. I even liked the trailers I saw but my impressions is that it will be just like of those remakes that flop and everybody forget. From "BvS' tomatoes" score to "Guardians of the Galaxy's score", how likely is this film to flop hard?

On June 16, 2016 at 9:02 AM, Ethan Hunt said:

I saw part of Wanted on TV once. Boy did it seem like shit

I saw the whole thing once.  It IS shit.  I hated McAvoy for like a couple years simply cause of that movie.  Fortunately turns out he's a good actor so I got over it.

15 hours ago, SofNascimento said:

I've been  looking foward to the next great Roman Epic for quite some time now. I even liked the trailers I saw but my impressions is that it will be just like of those remakes that flop and everybody forget. From "BvS' tomatoes" score to "Guardians of the Galaxy's score", how likely is this film to flop hard?

I don't know about that score of yours but it will flop hard. I'd be very surprised if it didn't.

5 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

The lack of sexual frission and air of frustrated romantic love between Messala and Ben Hur in the trailer is a big miss. B)

They changed it apparently to Messala being an adopted brother, so they probably didn't want to go all Lannister there.

• Like 3