RichWS

Friday Numbers

Superhero movies are one of the most consistent and profitable blockbuster genres right now.

The fairy tale genre can't come close.

I was saying that since he said he hopes Hollywood starts to think of more original movies than fairy tale movies and he was getting tired of them.

Guys this is actually not that bad when you consider Butler is the lead. Outside of 300 he pretty much is box office poison. (Not including Dragon either as that is animated)

This is actually his biggest opening for a live action film since 300. (Just checked-forgot about Ugly Truth)

The only fairy tale movie that was four quadrant was Alice in Wonderland and that was mostly due to the brief 3D craze IMO.

I actually was not including that. :lol:

For me, I'm only watching GIJ 2, Oblivion, IM3, STII, F6, After Earth, MOS and KA2.  That's my Summer Schedule this year.  As you can see, I'm a sci-fi/Action guy, always have, always will be.  My Question Marks are:

Pacific Rim - I need to see another trailer before I decide

The Wolverine - I'm Iffy after Orgins

World War Z - I'm still on the fence

The Hangover III - I actually liked the series so if the Trailer pulls me in I may give it a chance.

• Like 1

Since Jack got a very high budget, are we looking for another John-Carter-ish bomb?

Not quite as bad (Carter cost $300 mil when you include P&R) but definitely in the same league. I can't imagine it doing more than 250m WW. Off a 190m budget? That's just abysmal. 

But did we expect anything less? Warner Bros. put it THE WEEK BEFORE OZ. They knew they didn't have a hit and wanted the damage to be dealt with as quickly as possible. It's going to die next weekend. 

Not quite as bad (Carter cost $300 mil when you include P&R) but definitely in the same league. I can't imagine it doing more than 250m WW. Off a 190m budget? That's just abysmal. 

But did we expect anything less? Warner Bros. put it THE WEEK BEFORE OZ. They knew they didn't have a hit and wanted the damage to be dealt with as quickly as possible. It's going to die next weekend. 

You can't really blame Oz when Jack opens under 25 m a whole week before.