RichWS

Friday Numbers

But how do we know how much they spent in marketing? I'm not just talking in NA, I mean WW. Even so, a 250 million dollar film needs more than 500 to break even.

John Carter had a 100M WW marketing campaign. I remember reading that. There is no way Jack has a 100M WW marketing campaign. John Carter was everywhere. 

PS: I edited my post after that. I am always forgetting stuff or making english mistakes :lol:

Edited by CJohn

So what are the chances the fairy-tale genre dies soon?

The only franchise keeping it alive is Snow White and that was barely profitable.

SWATH is KStew vanity franchise and it`s going to die because nobody is clamoring for the sequel. On top of being barely profitable.

However, as long as there`s one success like AIW they`ll keep trying.

Then there is the irony of critics saying a film is too simple when Dredd was very simple :P

Anyway the film does look kind of fun and I am reading quite a few positive things about it.

After Snow White, Jack and Hansel I hope Hollywood finally gets off this "Re-imagining" of Fairy Tales.  All they are doing is being lazy by taking popular children stories and trying to reinvent them instead of taking more risk with Original Screenplays.  I'm sorry but this is only the beginning.  I think March is going to have a lot of Big Budget under performers.   

Edited by filmscholar
  • Like 2

After Snow White, Jack and Hansel I hope Hollywood finally gets off this "Re-imagining" of Fairy Tales.  All they are doing is being lazy by taking popular children stories and trying to reinvent them instead of taking more risk with Original Screenplays.  I'm sorry but this is only the beginning.  I think March is going to have a lot of Big Budget under performers.   

What about comic book movies there have been so many those movies.

What about comic book movies there have been so many those movies.

Well the comic film genre has gone through ups and downs but for the most part they are a more solid safe bet to invest in then trying to reinvent Fairy Tales.  "Snow White" benefited from Kristain and Hansworth's Star Power.  "Hansel and Jack" had some stars but not enough for people to grab on to them.  Didn't "Red Riding Hood" bomb a few years ago too?  I like Bryan Singer and I'm sure the movie is a great adventure.  But 200 Million Budget? Seriously?  Snow White was expensive also.  These movies to me cost way to much.