Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

I've read many nitpicking about Sunday's episode, and while some of them are legit critisism (like Benjen Ex Machina), the vast majority of them are plain stupid (The chains come from the ships from Hardhome!!!!) , almost as if some of these so called "fans" they where hate-watching. That's not a way to enjoy a show/movie, it's not healthy.

And even with all it's flaws... Game Of Thrones is still  better than 90% of movies coming out these days.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jim Shorts said:

Longclaw is alive? WTF? I made this gif...

https://gfycat.com/AncientDelightfulAnemone

AncientDelightfulAnemone-size_restricted

EDIT: I'm thinking now that the pommel is carved from a piece of Weirwood tree, and Bran can see through the Weirwood trees, so that's just Bran watching shit happen, maybe?

Yes, that's clearly Bran watching shit happen. It's definitely not a shadow. 

I'm a GOT apologist in the face of it not being "cool" on the internet, even if the pacing is a bittt too quick this year (only these last two episodes did it really hurt, tbh - first four were terrific). But....if it just turns out that the White Walkers/Night King are just evil dudes who are evil for no reason and are returning now for plot convenience reasons that will be lame as FUCK. If I wanted to just see a bunch of CGI battling with a faceless identity-less monster for reasons of "bringing about the ultimate doom!" I would watch any blockbuster out today. Even if it's not Bran we gotta get some deeper lore/motivation. There needs to be some sort of swerve. The idea of a CGI evil army squaring off against dragons for the entire final season for world domination would go against what I love about both the books and show.

• Like 1

Saw an interesting comment earlier today. Apparently you can hear crows making their little crow noises in the background of all the Sansa/Littlefinger scenes.

I haven't gone back to look for myself but I'm very on board with LF getting knocked off like this. Literal little birds. It's like poetry, it rhymes.

Edited by aabattery

3 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Saw an interesting comment earlier today. Apparently you can hear crows making their little crow noises in the background of all the Sansa/Littlefinger scenes.

I haven't gone back to look for myself but I'm very on board with LF getting knocked off like this. Literal little birds. It's like poetry, it rhymes.

So what you're saying is that Bran is Littlefinger, too?

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, A Panda of Ice and Fire said:

The Night King being number 1 solely relies on whether or not he's Bran.  He's Darth Vader level if he is.

I'm not really feeling the NK = Bran theory.  Granted, I'm a casual viewer in the sense that I haven't read the books or know anything about the history of Westeros like I do with Middle Earth, but how would that make any sense?  I do hope the final season of GoT isn't just Dragon Queen and Cersei united against a giant zombie army because that would be lame since its not what made GOT stand out in the first place.  All I know about the Night King is that he was created by those little tree people to protect their forests from humans or something which to be honest is a bit underwhelming and just points to the "uncontrollable evil creation with no motivation" trope.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

I'm not really feeling the NK = Bran theory.  Granted, I'm a casual viewer in the sense that I haven't read the books or know anything about the history of Westeros like I do with Middle Earth, but how would that make any sense?  I do hope the final season of GoT isn't just Dragon Queen and Cersei united against a giant zombie army because that would be lame since its not what made GOT stand out in the first place.  All I know about the Night King is that he was created by those little tree people to protect their forests from humans or something which to be honest is a bit underwhelming and just points to the "uncontrollable evil creation with no motivation" trope.

Which is why fandom is drawn to NK Bran theory. When canon is lacking, fans create theories that they think are more satisfying than the official explanation. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ozymandias said:

I'm pretty positive there'll be a WW motivation in the books, I'd just google the Bran = NK theory because there are a lot of seeds that have been planted that hint towards it.  It's the type of reasoning that would make for a really effective plot twist.

• Like 1