Jack Nevada

Longest movie you've ever seen?

If you count the Russian War and Peace film as 1 film I've seen that as well. That's about 6 hours long. I've seen the two ridiculously long original Les Miserables films as well from the 1920s and the 1930s. 

Lagaan I believe. I think its the longest Hindi film I saw and thus must be the longest film I saw.

(And also its too late now to insert a joke about how film X feels like the longest as 17 posters have beaten me to it :( )

Dances with Wolves people??

i am not sure which Version I watched but it was 4 hrs and 20 mins.

Had to watch it over two days.

Gettysburg is another... I watched that over a week but a good historical film.

Dances with Wolves people??

i am not sure which Version I watched but it was 4 hrs and 20 mins.

There is a 236 minute (3 hr, 56 min) Director's Cut out there that is the longest version of the film. I have only seen the normal 181 minute edition.

The thing about those older long films like Dr. Zhavigo or Lawrence of Arabia or Ben Hur, Ten Commandments, GWTW and others...

They were a bit too long but when you reach the end of the film you think about where the film started from and all of the events that happened in the film....

Your mind is blown at the scale and epic nature of the story that was told :)

ROTK extended (251 min) is surprisingly the only film I've seen so far that's over 4 hours. Then there's Once Upon a Time in America, Lawrence of Arabia, Ben-Hur, GWTW, Godfather II which are all over 200 minutes.

Four of the six movies named, though, are some of my all-time favorites, and I'm not generally apprehensive about length. I'm definitely anticipating the day I get to watch War and Peace, Das Boot, Novecento, Carlos and particularly Satantango (me being a huge fan of Bela Tarr's The Turin Horse). Then there's BERLIN ALEXANDERPLATZ which is over 15 hours long, but from what I recall it's one of the more notorious cases of "is it a film or a TV series?", so I don't know how fair it is to include it. 

*7hr 30min - sátántangó

5hr 12min - fanny and alexander

4hr 55min - scenes from marriage

4hr 30min - dr mabuse, the gambler

4hr 11min - lord of the rings: return of the king

i believe that's all the 4+ hour films i've seen.

*i'm just about to put in the final disc