A Marvel Fanboy

Passengers | Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence | Dec 21, 2016 | Trailer pg 70

1 minute ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

The real question is:

Is too early to say that Disney paid for those reviews? :ph34r: 

Nah, they're on good terms with Pratt (the Guardians of the Galaxy movies). I'm waiting for when Live by Night (perhaps inevitably) gets panned and people claim that Disney is trying to take down poor Batfleck (even though Jennifer Garner would probably fit better into that insane "conspiracy theory" lmao).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

This kind of reminds me of The Tourist with a foreign director looking to make his big mainstream break and faltering. That movie tbf was bailed out at the box office overseas but still put FHvD out of commission for awhile and he's just now finishing his next (German) film.

Tyldum is doing a Thomas Edison movie w/ eddie redmayne next. weirdly weinstein is doing a different thomas edison movie w/ cumberbatch written by the imitation game writer. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I think someone should start a bet as to which will get better (aka still bad) reviews between this and Assassin's Creed. :lol:

Better AC reviews wouldn't be a problem as much as boxoffice poison Fassbender opening bigger than "biggest stars in the world" JLaw and Pratt. That would be hilarious. :rofl:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

At least Assassin's Creed appears to have decent action scenes. What does Passengers have?

It has Pratt and Lawrence, man! ;)

It has two recently annointed big stars, which is what Sony erroneously thought would be enough to make this a must-see event (if we go by those horrendous posters). To be honest, I have not been more disappointed by the posters for a major film since the crappy stuff that they came up with for Avatar

12 minutes ago, filmlover said:

She'll be fine. Every major star is required to have one bomb on their resume.

Not uncommon at all, though it wouldn't be the first just the most expensive.  Though Serena did cost a not immodest $30m. 

This movie might still make a profit or break even, it might do better for them financially than Joy did. (also not cheap at $60m)

3 minutes ago, Lestranger said:

The reviews are vicious. A huge plot twist is revealed in a few of them. I don't want to see this movie after hearing it. I don't really care about spoilers, but wow this one make the movie "problematic"

Yeah, if it's what I think it is I'm surprised at how liberal they're being in revealing the movie's general arc.

Edited by Hatebox

1 minute ago, Lestranger said:

The reviews are vicious. A huge plot twist is revealed in a few of them. I don't want to see this movie after hearing it. I don't really care about spoilers, but wow this one makes the movie "problematic"

It's messed up if the review didn't have a spoiler alert or anything

yeah it was kinda in every synopsis of the movie before it started production. this is one of those "Matt Damon in Interstellar is a spoiler despite all those headlines from a year ago saying Matt Damon is in Interstellar" things.

Edited by CoolioD1