CJohn

Predator | 14th September, 2018 | Shane Black to Co-Write and Direct

The movie is a sequel.

Steven Weintraub @colliderfrosty 2m

Exclusive: Shane Black Says His PREDATOR Film Is a Sequel, Not a Reboot http://tinyurl.com/q4banqe  pic.twitter.com/aUxGKjYteB

Rebooting a classic like the first movie makes no sense when you can easily make a good movie in the already-established universe.

Sequel to AVP2, Predator, Predator 2 or Predators?

Should be the sequel to the original Predator but I don't think there will be a direct connection to any of these movies.

Edited by TLK

Just call it Predator 3 and ignore everything else that has come out since Predator 2. Sure, 2 wasn't the greatest film, but it did hold to the mythology of the first film for the most part. Have Schwarzenegger(and maybe even Glover) in it, if only as a bridge to this film and bring in some new blood like Hemsworth(either, really) or Renner(only using them since Black also worked on a Marvel film). But, I think having some kind of a bridge to what has come before is essential to differentiate this from AvP or Predators. And the only way to truly do that is to bring back Dutch in at least a supporting role.

• Like 2

I'll watch it, but I'm not expecting a great movie because I just don't know what else you can do with a monster that kills for sport other than have him kill for sport.  Predator 2 tried to hide this fact by setting the movie in a city during the not-too-distant future where there was this weird drug war between Columbians and "fuckin voodoo magic mon!" Jamaicans. With Predators, I guess they thought it would be cool if they set the movie on an alien planet that looked exactly like earth with pretty much the same plot as the first movie.

What made the first movie work wasn't just the Predator, it was also the cast and the characters and good luck trying to match that.

• Like 1

Sorry but "Predators" was basically a rehash.  Shane needs to come up with a unique concept.  The Predator Planet was unique but the setting really wasn't.  I remember being young and everyone hated on "Predator 2" cause Arnold wasn't in it.  But at least they took creative steps with the concept by setting it in a city.  Instead of a "Training" planet.  How about a film set far into the future where a Space colony goes to the actual Planet the Predators are from and have an all out War on some "Aliens" Ish with a lot of Predators.  They teased us with that with "Predator 2".   I just don't see the point of another JUNGLE hunt. 

• Like 1

I think everybody can agree that mixing xenomorph with predator is not a good idea.

I wonder what Shane Black meant by "inventive sequel" 

They may go back to the jungle setting circa 1987 Predator and have a parallel story

to Arnold & Co's story, just like what they are doing with Terminator Gensys

Shane Black’s ‘Predator’ Sequel Will “Reinvent the Franchise”, Says Producer John Davis

http://collider.com/predator-sequel-shane-black-movie-will-reinvent-the-franchise/

I'm actually almost as interested in the Remo Williams reboot as I am in this.

I would really like them to cast a macho actor as the lead in this instead of someone like brody. I know he brang a different style to someone like arnold but I dig the whole man vs beast vibe from the original and I think that looks best on screen with a tough muscular looking guy at the heart of it.

On 8/13/2015, 11:40:59, kayumanggi said:

Shane Black’s ‘Predator’ Sequel Will “Reinvent the Franchise”, Says Producer John Davis

http://collider.com/predator-sequel-shane-black-movie-will-reinvent-the-franchise/

Get Michelle Rodriguez, Ronda Rousey, Gina Carano, and Angela Bassett, and have them fight a cadre of renegade female predators (predatresses?) looking for revenge on the earthlings who killed all of their men!

• Like 1