Water Bottle

Get Out | February 24th | Under Comedy/Musical Category at Golden Globes

19 hours ago, Jay Beezy said:

I'm betting that Allison Williams is actually in league with her family and brought the boyfriend home as some sort of Wicker Man offering.

I was thinking something similar but that seems too predictable idk. 

pro.boxoffice is giving this movie $8m... for the whole run. That seems real low

PROS:

• Blumhouse Productions is the producer behind this horror film, about a man who starts to suspect eerie goings-on at his girlfriend’s parents’ house when he visits there for the first time. The horror production company has had several decent horror hits in recent years on relatively low budgets, including the Paranormal Activity franchise, the Insidious trilogy, and 2015’s The Visit with $65.2 million.

CONS:

• Jordan Peele, one half of modern legend comedy duo Key & Peele, couldn’t attract audiences as an actor with his April film Keanu, a box office dud with only $20.5 million. What are the odds he’ll be able to attract audiences behind the camera instead as a writer-director? Besides, February 2017 will be an incredibly busy month for horror at the box office, with Ringsand an as-yet-untitled horror film on February 3, plus A Cure for Wellness and Patient Zero on February 17. Split, a late January release, could still potentially be making some money by late February if it holds on well.

On 12/30/2016 at 9:50 PM, fracfar said:

pro.boxoffice is giving this movie $8m... for the whole run. That seems real low

lol this will make more than 8 million. Sometime boxoffice.com doesn't know what it's talking about. I know a lot of people who want to see it. The marketing has been pretty mediocre though. they should step that up. It should make like 20-25 million assuming they improve the marketing before the release. . i think. 

Edited by ban1o

Didn't know about this movie's existence till I saw the trailer at my Split showing. 

There were a lot (like 6 of them) horror trailers shown, and this looks easily the best of the bunch. 

I'm intrigued. Will most likely check it out. 

I don't know if I'll see it in theaters. The movie feels too much like a comedy instead of a horror film.

I'm not sure if that's the intended effect, because I know Peele is a comedian himself (but who doesn't?). It's genuinely creepy. I just don't know if I should expect it to actually be that way when I sit down and watch it.

Edited by NoobSaibot