Finnick

Monday Numbers: TF5:$4.72M | WW:$3.07M | Cars3:$2.91M

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

Or like Trek (and more and more in the MCU)  it has a very die hard fan base that goes early.  It's not as if the X-Men 2 and X-Men 3 don't adjust to about $315m domestic.  The first Wolverine also adjusts to an opening over $100m so the audience was there but the movie was bad and hurt the franchise and dented the X-en franchise as well.

WW may have opened lower due the previous horrible DCEU movies so more people took a wait and see approach.  It's also unlike other CBM's skewed more female than male, and more older female which often means nice long legs since women are less likely in a rush to go to a movie o/w.

This as well. 

I agree that comparing the legs to Wonder Woman would be very unfair. But comparing them to Doctor Strange, Thor and Cap 1 doesn't seem unfair to me.

Anyway I'll concede. The series just has its fans and it doesn't spread beyond that, at least in North America it doesn't. It doesn't matter how good the reviews are is just not going to spread beyond it's audience.

7 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I agree that comparing the legs to Wonder Woman would be very unfair. But comparing them to Doctor Strange, Thor and Cap 1 doesn't seem unfair to me.

Anyway I'll concede. The series just has its fans and it doesn't spread beyond that, at least in North America it doesn't. It doesn't matter how good the reviews are is just not going to spread beyond it's audience.

It was a sequel - the third for Wolverine and the 9th or 428th with that character  it was going to be more front loaded.  That it was less front loaded than usual for an X-Men movie, and domestically made more than any film with the character in a solo film means it was well received.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 2

I'm currently sitting in my reserved seat for a showing of T5 in true IMAX 3D at AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 waiting for it to begin; the trailers start in 17 minutes. Time to see what all the fuss is about. 

EDIT:

By the way, this screen is HUGE! It's 76 x 97 feet. 

Edited by BluRayHiDef
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, BluRayHiDef said:

I'm currently sitting in my reserved seat for a showing of T5 in true IMAX 3D at AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 waiting for it to begin; the trailers start in 17 minutes. Time to see what all the fuss is about. 

EDIT:

Hope you enjoy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Welcome to real IMAX theaters.

This is actually my third time seeing a film here; I saw GitS and WW here. However, I still appreciate the sentiment. Thanks, mate. 

Edited by BluRayHiDef
  • Like 2

It's fine to say that it's par for the course and no big deal considering the franchise but there is no way Logan's multiplier can be described as great in any known universe. GOTG 2 run is good, it's above the 2.4 and below that other Marvel sequels, not named Winter Soldier, did. You can't ask for better than that especially considering it's reviews vs the first one. It's obviously well liked in the vain of a Winter Soldier as opposed to a Dark World. The franchise is on great footing.

13 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Minions is one of the worst 10 films of the last 3 years IMO, and SLOP is in there for good measure too:

1. FANT4STIC

2. Minions

3. SS

4. Legend of Tarzan

5. SLOP

6. Goosebumps

7. The Last Knight

8. The Circle

9. King Arthur

10. The Visit

Good to see you didn't put BvS. You would have broken my heart.

9 hours ago, BluRayHiDef said:

EDIT:

well....?