A Marvel Fanboy

Passengers | Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence | Dec 21, 2016 | Trailer pg 70

3 hours ago, Noctis said:

Can studio heads please hire Jennifer Lawrence and Emma Watson for a major sci-fi/fantasy tentpole? 

Why Watson? She's a mediocre actress, and has no charisma or star power. Emma Stone would be a better pairing. 

Edited by babz06

I see BOM has added the weekday numbers for this week now and Passengers averaged about $6k a day in 506 theaters for a total of $99,910,536.

It's going to take a lot more fudging to get that last 90k. I can't find any theater counts for Passengers, but the weekend numbers should be... interesting.

14 minutes ago, John Marston said:

it will get over, even if they have to buy those remaining tickets themselves

This, at this point, I do not know how much it represent in bigger TV revenues, but you buy 90k of ticket, you get 50% back anyway it come cheap.

3 hours ago, John Marston said:

it will get over, even if they have to buy those remaining tickets themselves

back in 1963 or 1962 The Beatles' manager bought a couple of copies of their first single. It reached #16 on the other side of the atlantic.  

On 3/31/2017 at 6:49 PM, John Marston said:

Saw  the Blu Ray at Walmart and it includes a free copy of After Earth. Guess that's the only way they cam

get rid of their copies of that movie 

It was number one in science fiction videos on Amazon, and so forth, for some time.  Good try, though.

$99,956,732 now, just $11,000 to pass Gnomio and Juliet. Looking at weekday numbers last week it could pass GaJ on Thursday. I would laugh so hard if it finally got pulled next weekend (I know it won't happen, they will make sure it scratches and claws its way over 100 no matter what).