Pacific Rim (2013)  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Very, very good movie. I liked it a lot. The Kaiju were some god damn terrifying monsters. The opening scene is again very well made, especially that fight. I remember the tension and silence that dropped in the theater (No whispers, no nothing) when it was announced that the Kaiju wasn't dead.The best scene of the movie, I think, was Mori's memory of when she was little. Damn that beats looked scary when it was growling down at her when she was between those two buildings. The second best was when that Kaiju broke through the wall and they showed a segment of the fight put up by the Jaeger. I liked the short, quick and powerful punches he kept throwing at that bitch.

A

• Like 3

I saw Pacific Rim, I had a lot of fun watching it, especially at the fight scenes between the monsters and the jaegers

Overall i give it a B.

Not an A because those crazy scientifics where incredibly annoying as hell. I wished that baby Kaiju ate them all.

I actually liked charlie day thought he was funny and I know ive seen the other scientist from something

He was only in your favorite movie of the decade, The Dark Knight Rises. He played the guy who chose exile and froze in the river.

• Like 6

• Community Manager

I actually liked charlie day thought he was funny and I know ive seen the other scientist from something

Charlie Day annoyed me for like one scene but he was fucking awesome in every other scene. I know that I would be acting like him if I was in his shoes...

As for the other scientist, he was in Revenge? Game of Thrones? TDKR? Torchwood?

• Like 3

This movie was kinda like Transformers but you know.....good.

Character development did just enough to make me care about them. The story kept me engaged. The action you could actually see what the fuck was going on. My only regret was that I didn't see this movie when I was 12.

Top Film. A

• Like 3

This movie was kinda like Transformers but you know.....good. Character development did just enough to make me care about them. The story kept me engaged. The action you could actually see what the fuck was going on. My only regret was that I didn't see this movie when I was 12. Top Film. A

In Transformers you could see what the fuck was going on as well, more so than this lol.
  • Like 1

copied from my crowd report:

I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT , this is the most fun i've had since IM3 at the cinema

I was thoroughly entertained JUST FOR THAT THIS FILM  gets a big A+ from me 

as a person who grew up on power rangers and other manga type cartoon , i was totally geeking out 

i loved the fights , the robots , the monsters , the characters , it was just good all around fun

when the robot and monster kaiju were fighting in the city OMG , and when they turn that piece into a sword lolllll

def a film worth buying the dvd just for its repeat value , this was fun !

this is def going to be a fav of mine, this is what i wanted to feel leaving man of steel like i connected with it 

i did think how come channing tatum didnt play lead role but the actor was ok , i bought his intro with his brother and understood the kind of bond and trust required to work the robot and how hard it was after so he left 

thought it was a stupid yet believable dumb move by politicians to build walls instead of giving robots more funds 

the asian chick , kept wondering what was her pb until i saw her flashback and went OOhhh AAAAhhhh (where have i seen her before)

i bought her and raleigh interactions , had i not maybe i'd find them boring ! idris elba was great, the scientists were funny and i loved that the guy from torchwood was in it (tv show i recently started watching )

another thing i keep reading is about the australians accent , this is a running theme in many films which always puzzles me because i have no idea what that accent should sound like therefore its never something that jumps out at me to point of annoyance , then again can't say i've seen many australians films 

mostly this made me very hopeful as to what godzilla might look like , and wasnt it refreshing that for a change it wasnt new york getting obliterated 

• Like 3

so far this summer i've only truly enjoyed 3 films

iron man 3

pacific rim

star trek into darkness

wwz was pretty good except for ending which was a bit abrupt in tone/pace

oblivion also but was that a summer flick or summer appetizer?

of course that's only films i've seen  because i have no way of seeing films like before midnight or much ado about nothing here

• Like 1