Impact

Weekend actuals-10/18-10/20/2013 Gravity@30.027M

Which is weird cause you'd expect that audience to be the most affected by football.

Yeah, I was wondering about that too. Perhaps its a really adult-skewing movie, and will have good weekdays numbers and smaller Fri and Sat jumps.

Escape Plan has also been catching up on rottentomatoes.

Current numbers:

Carrie - 49% (62% of audience liked it)

Escape Plan - 47% (69% of audience liked it)

Fifth Estate - 40% (45% of audience liked it)

It is better to underestimate than overestimate. Had Gravity's estimate been $29M, we would have been happy. But, seeing it go down a million is sad. Well, at least it stayed above $30M. My favorite underestimate has to be The Avengers.

It is better to underestimate than overestimate. Had Gravity's estimate been $29M, we would have been happy. But, seeing it go down a million is sad. Well, at least it stayed above $30M. My favorite underestimate has to be The Avengers.

Yeah I remember that, Was thinking Sunday day business was not that much behind Saturday,  and even at night there was sold shows till 10pm for Sunday night and it was a school night.  

I still need a budget number on Escape Plan to determine how bad or how bad it can be for the film.

I think the Gravity over $20m club that was talked about is in trouble. 

The budget is rumored to be $70 million+ but apparently they have recovered most of the production cost in international presales so the movie is probably profitable regardless of how much it actually makes.