Neo

Star Trek Beyond | 7.22.2016 | Not an Oscar winner.

12 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

I saw this today and it is a lot of fun.  I love the first movie, but this might be better.  

Hum, which first movie are you referring to exactly ?

3 hours ago, nilephelan said:

I saw this today and it is a lot of fun.  I love the first movie, but this might be better.  

I expect the hype machine to ramp up post-July 4th Holiday.

It'll have been some minor time since the fandom dealt with the tragedy and PR rounds will start back up with earnestness!!

So PUMPED!!

Paramount’s Star Trek Beyond began charting on the tracking boards yesterday with various sources putting the threequel’s opening range between $48M-$60M when it debuts on July 22.

While that’s not a July record by any means, Star Trek Beyond is bound to be one of the more notable openings out of the 12 live-action wide entries on this month’s schedule, potentially besting Ghostbusters three-day when that Paul Feig title hits marquees on July 16.

Should Star Trek Beyond open within its current range, it will be the third-best in the Star Trek feature canon. Since rebooting Star Trek for the big screen in 2009, Bad Robot/Skydance propelled the franchise’s debuts and grosses to an upper B.O. stratosphere with Star Trek  ($75.2M opening, domestic $257.7M, global $385.7M) and 2013’s Star Trek Into Darkness ($70.2M, domestic $228.8M, global $467.4M).

Again, these are early forecasts for Star Trek Beyond, and a number of factors and ad spots could spike the threequel’s B.O. power in the weeks ahead. First, that mid-July release date for Star Trek Beyond has historically been a rich period for launching fanboy properties such as the Dark Knight sequels ($158M-$161M FSS), Captain America: The First Avenger ($65M), Ant-Man ($57.2M), and The Wolverine ($53M)So, Paramount has that working in its favor.

On social, Star Trek Beyond boasts the largest social media universe  (across Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube) out of the July live-action tentpoles with 166.6M, followed by Ghostbusters (142.5M) and Jason Bourne (67.8M) per RelishMix.

http://deadline.com/2016/07/star-trek-beyond-box-office-projection-ghostbusters-secret-life-of-pets-1201782223/

• Like 1