Neo

Transformers: The Last Knight | 6/21/2017 | Big Budget, Weak OW?

It looks interesting enough thus far. Let's be honest, if you've ever been an original 80's kid at heart Transformer fan that tease of a possible Unicron has to get you a bit excited. No matter if you saw the last film, last several, Unicron in a large scale format?! If it is, how "right" will Bay get him.

Also, has others noted, my first hunch was that if it's Unicron, he's the one to reanimate Prime and might explain the out of character action against Bee. 

• Like 1

• Community Manager

I want Wahlberg out of the Transformers franchise after the dreadful Age of Extinction and nothing in this trailer is enough to really make me want to come back to this franchise. I might just skip it.

55 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

I want Wahlberg out of the Transformers franchise after the dreadful Age of Extinction and nothing in this trailer is enough to really make me want to come back to this franchise. I might just skip it.

He doesn't really fit it to me either.  He seems out of character.   The franchise should be lead by YOUNG characters just like the animated series.    The Adults should be soldiers like Josh and Tyrese as they assist the youth.   It seems they are highlighting this young female as a lead so they are getting back to that.  

• Like 1

Should this be more reason for me to be concerned about Wonder Woman ?  Call me crazy, but this looks solid, and I am nervous about the audience overlap between this and WW. The amazing amazon's film is the follow-up to three films that are allegedly perceived as "awful" (cue the "Allegedly???" responses), and while the same thing could be said about this new Transformers, those previous films are still gigantic OW performers. Sure, DCEU films have also opened big, but I am just nervous because of all that's at stake with Wonder Woman...Wonder Woman may have gotten some of the best reactions in BvS (some say the only good reactions), but will that be enough to eke out a win on OW over TF5? 

More importantly, will all the competition keep Wonder Woman from grossing enough of a total NOT to be perceived as a failure? Seeing how Hollywood works when it comes to female-centric films, that would most certainly kill any chance for a sequel... :( 

Edited by Cochofles
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Cochofles said:

Should this be more reason for me to be concerned about Wonder Woman ?  Call me crazy, but this looks solid, and I am nervous about the audience overlap between this and WW. The amazing amazon's film is the follow-up to three films that are allegedly perceived as "awful" (cue the "Allegedly???" responses), and while the same thing could be said about this new Transformers, those previous films are still gigantic OW performers. Sure, DCEU films have also opened big, but I am just nervous because of all that's at stake with Wonder Woman...Wonder Woman may have gotten some of the best reactions in BvS (some say the only good reactions), but will that be enough to eke out a win on OW over TF5? 

More importantly, will all the competition keep Wonder Woman from grossing enough NOT to be perceived as a failure? Seeing how Hollywood works, that would most certainly kill any chance for a sequel... :( 

Unless if Wonder Woman is godawful, I think she'll be fine. A huge OW is totally happening for it though

• Like 1

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, Cochofles said:

More importantly, will all the competition keep Wonder Woman from grossing enough of a total NOT to be perceived as a failure? Seeing how Hollywood works, that would most certainly kill any chance for a sequel... :( 

Wonder Woman has literally nothing to fear unless the movie is absolute shit and this one is as liked as the first one. I could easily see it being bad but this one being good? Nope.

• Like 1