Punishment

THG Catching Fire $25.25m Thursday Previews

You know...I've been feeling ill the past couple of days. I have a runny nose, my dick isn't getting hard every few hours, and now this...I don't know how much more I can take before I lose it. What's next, it finishes with less than $300m? 

• Like 3

Wait what did I miss? Why are people going sub 150?

Rth said matinees were similar to DH1. If it follows DH1 the rest of the weekend it makes sub-$135m. Hollywood Reporter is saying it "could" make more than New Moon's $142m. Could? Could?!!! Could?!!!!!! That was a foregone conclusion for months and now it looks like the film might struggle to beat that number.

Hobbit isn't the best comparison though because it came out nine years later, had a completely different cast of characters and was based on different books, and dropped a very large amount in terms of reception, none of which can be said for CF.  The only similarity is that they both look like big disappointments when not put in perspective, so far.

That's what they should have done with CF in the first place. I'm still befuddled they didn't.

That would have soften the meltdown. (Just before we realize that without the 3D premium, the attendance had decreased nevertheless :lol: )

I feel like they wanted to go Full Nolan on this. Make a great franchise without 2D just to prove that quality is there and that people watch their movie. I don't say that gaining one of the best OW's ever without 3D isn't impressive, but that's bound to backfire sometimes.

If -- IF IF IF -- it goes under THG's OW, that's got to be one of the most shocking OWs of the year. (I'd say GRAVITY is the other, for the opposite reason).

And World War Z

• Like 1