filmnerdjamie

Weekend Numbers Smaug 31.4, AM2 26.7 Frozen/AH 19.1

Not much diff from DL

AM2 8.7,DOS 8.6,AH 6.2,FRZ 5.2,SMB 3,CF 2.5,TP 2.4,WWD 2.1,D3 1,Thor2 400k

Good opening for Dhoom 3. Should finish with 8m+, which is a record for a Bollywood film in NA.

Decent jump for DOS. It should finish with 250m+ now at least.

That Frozen number!! :o 300m could happen!

• Like 2

Good opening for Dhoom 3. Should finish with 8m+, which is a record for a Bollywood film in NA.

Decent jump for DOS. It should finish with 250m+ now at least.

That Frozen number!! :o300m could happen!

300M is locked.  ;) After this weekend it'll be up 65M on Tangled and gaining and that lead will be over 100M+ by end of winter holidays so yeah 300M is locked.  :D

• Like 1

300M is locked.  ;) After this weekend it'll be up 65M on Tangled and gaining and that lead will be over 100M+ by end of winter holidays so yeah 300M is locked.  :D

Shhh, don't jinx it.  ;)

I wouldn't say it's locked for $300 million but the chances now are better than they ever have been. With Walking With Dinosaurs flopping Frozen is officially the family movie for another month. 

• Like 1

Yeah I wasn't convinced about $300m for Frozen since it only had slightly better holds than Tangled in its second and third weekend, and if it continued to do so, it'd still top out at about 275m. But this number seriously changes things. Even if it loses a lot of theaters next weekend, 300m is now definitely in play. (350m is crazy talk, though). 

• Like 1

If Frozen follows Tangled for rest of the weekend.

5.2M Friday

9.05M Saturday

6.70M Sunday 

20.95M(-7.3%).

If Frozen followed TS2 for rest of the weekend.

5.2M Friday

9.79M Saturday

7.32M Sunday

22.31M(-1.3%)

And so far it has held better than both every weekend so it wouldn't be shocking if it actually increased this weekend.  :blink:

Yeah I wasn't convinced about $300m for Frozen since it only had slightly better holds than Tangled in its second and third weekend, and if it continued to do so, it'd still top out at about 275m. But this number seriously changes things. Even if it loses a lot of theaters next weekend, 300m is now definitely in play. (350m is crazy talk, though). 

Just like 300M was.  ;)  :P

I adore Scream 4, naturally. I couldn't believe it's DOM run, thankfully it's worldwide gross saved face.Anyone think it suspicious that Insidious dropped so little and Scream 4 underperformed?Naughty teenagers paying for Pg13 Insidious and sneaking into R Scream 4. :)

• Like 2

I adore Scream 4, naturally. I couldn't believe it's DOM run, thankfully it's worldwide gross saved face.Anyone think it suspicious that Insidious dropped so little and Scream 4 underperformed?Naughty teenagers paying for Pg13 Insidious and sneaking into R Scream 4. :)

• Like 2

^You made two posts so that you could get twice as much likes.Bastard.
  • Like 1