kayumanggi

Weekend #s | SAT (12.28.2013) 10.5 M TH: TDOS | 09.7 M - 10.0 M FROZEN | 07.4 M AM ll | 07.2 M AH

Sequel time for Frozen. Disney will be a moron if they dont make a sequel to Frozen.

No, if Disney doesn't make a sequel for Frozen they would have made a great decision for artistic integrity.Frozen needs a sequel about as much as Gravity does. Honestly, not every movie needs a sequel, there used to be a time when original movies topped the box office.
  • Like 6

So 4 pages and no Wolf on WallStreet Numbers??? Was this a backfire for Scorsese, even though the internet raves about it???

The movie is going to get very mixed reception in a good way, it's divisive (extremely divisive).  Some people absolutely loved it, while others walked out 45 minutes into it.

No, if Disney doesn't make a sequel for Frozen they would have made a great decision for artistic integrity.Frozen needs a sequel about as much as Gravity does. Honestly, not every movie needs a sequel, there used to be a time when original movies topped the box office.

Yes and No.

If just done for money then I agree.

However people fall in love with a movies characters just like they do any other artistic medium.

Sometimes a created world needs to be explored more.

TS3 was not only the best Toy Story film... its one of the best animated films ever.

If the same care is taken on the sequel as on the original movie it can very much work.

One of the biggest complaints I've heard of Frozen is how undeveloped Elsa was.  I'd love to see a movie more focused on her... maybe exploring her dark side.

Edited by AndyLL
  • Like 1

I'd say the formula is flawed if people are walking out 45 minutes into it, thus, the reception isn't very good if this is happening.. This sounds like a movie that appeals strictly to the college crowd, the rowdy college crowd..

I walked out of the Avengers about 45 minutes in.

To go to the restroom

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

A little surprising i must say..That will clearly give Frozen the weekend throne.Can it be any different when a animated pg wins friday?

Not that surprising.

For AUJ, its 3rd Friday was 7% lower than the Boxing day number. DOS' should be around that as well. Only difference is that there was one day separating the two days in AUJ's case, which for DOS they are continuous days.

Weekend should still be close.

Hobbit should get 9.7 + 10.6 + 8.9 = 29.2m weekend.

Frozen should get 10.3 + 10.5 + 8.5 = 29.3m weekend

• Like 1

I'd say the formula is flawed if people are walking out 45 minutes into it, thus, the reception isn't very good if this is happening.. This sounds like a movie that appeals strictly to the college crowd, the rowdy college crowd..

On one of the forums I'm on someone described the movie.  Almost all the replies said they wouldn't see it because of either the sex or drugs.

Many seemed surprised about how graphic is was.

Yes and No.

If just done for money then I agree.

However people fall in love with a movies characters just like they do any other artistic medium.

Sometimes a created world needs to be explored more.

TS3 was not only the best Toy Story film... its one of the best animated films ever.

If the same care is taken on the sequel as on the original movie it can very much work.

One of the biggest complaints I've heard of Frozen is how undeveloped Elsa was.  I'd love to see a movie more focused on her... maybe exploring her dark side.

Absolutely agree.

The characters have such great personality and life that I swear I'd enjoy a movie just showing them eating a meal and chatting.

If Disney took care and made a good script and got all 4 key voice actors back I'd be happy. Certainly better than a straight to video sequel with different voice actors would be.

• Like 1

Absolutely agree.

The characters have such great personality and life that I swear I'd enjoy a movie just showing them eating a meal and chatting.

If Disney took care and made a good script and got all 4 key voice actors back I'd be happy. Certainly better than a straight to video sequel with different voice actors would be.

The above bolded is key.  Plus the Lopez's would have to be back.

I want Elsa to be the villain as originally intended.  They can Disneyify it at the end and redeem her.

• Like 2

It's important to note who is walking out, and that is the older males (all of them were older white males) and the ones I personally know were social conservatives.  The demographic is definitely strongest with the college/older high school crowd though, the thing to note though is it will keep getting people to come see it, especially with Oscar buzz.

Normally I would say so many walkouts is toxic word of mouth, but I think it's just very divisive word of mouth (love or hate, no in between really).

Edited by The Panda