CJohn

Sing | Dec. 21, 2016 | Illumination | Beats Moana domestic. The McConaissance Continues

I saw this with my friend and my niece and we thought it was cute. The singing was entertaining. 

However my friend did think the criminal gang being portrayed as gorillas was suspect 

Taron Edgerton sounding great singing I'm still standing though. All the singing was great. 

37 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

My daughter loved this movie, can't decided if she preferred it or Moana. I  preferred Moana myself but not by that much. This one was fun and it had some heart.

Plus every single pig in this movie was a lot of fun.

This although I definitely preferred Sing to Moana.

I will give both a re-evaluation on Home Video and my ranking may change of course.

If SING ends up with 268 million domestic or more, it will become the second highest original non-Disney/Pixar animated film ever behind the secret life of pets - also an Illumination film. With this, UNi/Illumination will hold the top #2 non-Disney original animated slots.

The #3 slot goes to Shrek and the #4 slot goes to Lego movie (if we consider that original). 

Edited by MinaTakla
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, MinaTakla said:

If SING ends up with 268 million domestic or more, it will become the second highest original non-Disney/Pixar animated film ever behind the secret life of pets - also an Illumination film. With this, UNi/Illumination will hold the top #2 non-Disney original animated slots.

The #3 slot goes to Shrek and the #4 slot goes to Lego movie (if we consider that original). 

On the pace it's heading Sing should end with at least $270M domestic.

• Like 1